User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 22, 2019, 03:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98278 Posts in 5979 Topics by 590 Members
Latest Member: Jnstokes
  News
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Máiréad in Ormond Beach  (Read 134 times)
Ron
Total Mairead Fanatic!

« on: January 07, 2019, 10:38:34 AM »

Back in July, Chuck Spano, the talent coordinator for the Ormond Beach Performing Arts Center approached me. Every year, they host a celtic music fund raiser to raise funds for the Ormond Beach Celtic Festival. In past years, Chuck had gotten Dougie McLean (the composer of "Caledonia") to perform as Chuck knows him. But this year they wanted a change. As Chuck and I are both board members of the Celtic-Norse Heritage Society (a charity organization that raises funds for aspiring Celtic musicians and is also one of the sponsors of the Ormond Beach Celtic Festival), Chuck knew Máiréad and I did have a level of rapport and asked me if it would be possible to get her to play. It's been a harrowing journey with the project falling through the cracks due to Máiréad's management change. But now, at long last, the show has finally come to together! I've been working behind the scenes with Chuck as an audio consultant to help meet her sound system requirements. As for the show itself, I'll be working the merch table as a representative of CNHS. It's my honor to be Máiréad's "Merch Dude" for this show! But I digress.

Show info:

Ormond Performing Arts Center
Ormond Beach, FL
February 22, 2019
$30 general admission - $50 VIP with Meet & Greet
Tickets: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/ormondbeachmainstreet/225010?fbclid=IwAR2fTW1-FXx8iAk_Fyvg2O7KtZrWXlaBfwOcyu3iQZbMniWnX9YUMhrFKtA

Try to make it if you can. It will, of course, be an amazing show. Plus, the weather in Florida is generally very pleasant this time of the year. Grin
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:54:48 AM by Ron » Logged

We sing before we learn to talk. We dance before we learn to walk. Music is ingrained into our very souls from birth.
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 04:34:46 PM »

Wonderful, Ron! Thank you for your efforts in helping with this gig, and congrats on your role in it on that date. Of course, we'll anxiously await your review from that day.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: