User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Follow us now on Facebook! :
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Celtic Nights  (Read 173 times)
CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« on: July 27, 2017, 10:29:33 PM »

I'm still trying to catch up on some of the things I missed when I wasn't on forums or social media a few years ago.

One of those things Celtic Nights, which of course featured Eabha, Rebecca Winckworth, and Una, ... maybe Sarah Gannon too.

For some reason I figured this might be a good place to gather some intel  Wink

I know there were a number of albums at some point:
- 2 volumes of Celtic Nights (2015) ... I can listen to Vol 2 on Spotify and Vol 1 is available to purchase from a number of obscure sites
- I think there was also a CD/DVD combo (Celtic Nights - The Emigrants Bridge)
- There might have been another album, but I'm not sure. If it exists, I haven't tracked it down yet

Am I missing anything?

I know there's a bunch of YouTube and Facebook videos floating around as well as videos on their site, most of which I've probably seen at one point or another.

There was a tour in 2016 that came very close to me that I missed on account of budget and other conflicts. There's supposedly 2018 USA tour dates coming soon, so I'll keep an eye out for nearby performances (although given my tentative CW-related plans for next year, they would have to be performing at an opportune place and time for me to go).
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:52:14 PM »

Hi Tom. Celtic Nights was a big deal up to 2014 for me. In 2013 some of our members saw them when former CW choir gal Una Pedreschi was with them. Sarah Gannon no longer was, but she was a front row girl for them when they did their first USA tour in 2012. Yes, Eabha was with them for the 2014 tour. They did not do anything in the USA in 2015. I was at ten shows on the 2014 tour. Some of us met with their management in Ireland when we went over for the CW Christmas DVD recording in 2013. Michael Durkan was very nice as was his assistant and on stage artist, Rebekah Shearer, in their office. We set up a forum and an official fan club that they approved and were part of. We were able to sit in on some sound checks, including at their opener in Idaho, and got to know everyone very well. We had business cards for the forum and fan club and helped distribute show of their merch, including their only album from their first year. But, some things happened along the way that sort of caused friction between fans and management, as it had done with CW, and the forum and official fan club were shut down. I won't go in to any of that here. Many of us were very impressed with Eabha and made certain that CW knew about her should they have an future openings. They listened and we know the rest of the story. Eabha was the youngest member to ever join Anuna and maintained that connection until joining CW. If you'd like to know anything else feel free to ask.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 12:13:14 AM »

Hi Tom. Celtic Nights was a big deal up to 2014 for me. In 2013 some of our members saw them when former CW choir gal Una Pedreschi was with them. Sarah Gannon no longer was, but she was a front row girl for them when they did their first USA tour in 2012. Yes, Eabha was with them for the 2014 tour. They did not do anything in the USA in 2015. I was at ten shows on the 2014 tour. Some of us met with their management in Ireland when we went over for the CW Christmas DVD recording in 2013. Michael Durkan was very nice as was his assistant and on stage artist, Rebekah Shearer, in their office. We set up a forum and an official fan club that they approved and were part of. We were able to sit in on some sound checks, including at their opener in Idaho, and got to know everyone very well. We had business cards for the forum and fan club and helped distribute show of their merch, including their only album from their first year. But, some things happened along the way that sort of caused friction between fans and management, as it had done with CW, and the forum and official fan club were shut down. I won't go in to any of that here. Many of us were very impressed with Eabha and made certain that CW knew about her should they have an future openings. They listened and we know the rest of the story. Eabha was the youngest member to ever join Anuna and maintained that connection until joining CW. If you'd like to know anything else feel free to ask.

Wow!!!  You helped get Eabha on Celtic Woman's radar?  I'm not sure she would have been on their radar otherwise, so I would have remained oblivious to her considerable talents.  I owe you and and the others involved a massive 'thank you!'

Seeing some of the Celtic Woman choir members again must have been great.  I'm honestly not sure what some of the past choir members have been up to in recent years (I follow Amy Rivard and Edel Murphy, obviously).  I imagine it would have been very difficult for most people to see them perform were it not for their participation in Celtic Nights.  Were any of the past CW choir members on the DVD, by any chance?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: