User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2017, 05:23:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98202 Posts in 5962 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sweet as a Georgia peach, Rocktopia Atlanta April 2017  (Read 530 times)
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« on: April 23, 2017, 02:56:51 PM »

As sweet as a Georgia peach was this night with the Atlanta symphony at their hall with Rocktopia! For so many years the reviews here have been largely Celtic Woman ones. But Máiréad is no longer with them as of the end of the spring tour 2016. She hit the ground running, which she is good at on stage and off.  Wink Some worried she may take a hiatus and vanish for awhile. That would have been much deserved after so many long years on the road and no one could blame her for doing that. But she did not do so. She had been laying the groundwork for her departure for awhile. Some of us could see that and knew it was only a matter of time. It's why I did a CW show with M & G last year. I just knew that was her last tour. I knew it for LK, Chloe, and LL. But Máiréad was working on a new solo album and had been for awhile. She was also working on a family album. Unknown to us she was also working on her own line of violins. I know some fans had mentioned to her that idea in the past. She seemed to think the idea sound. No pun intended.  She started a Pledge Music page for merch and other things and went after it. No grass growing under those pixie feet. We also did not know she had opportunities for the stage already in hand. She did a few promo gigs at music stores to get her violin line out there. That included some music and video. Then word came she had joined up with another touring group, Rocktopia. Well, there is NO genre this lass cannot do. If it has musical notes she can make it work. and here was something just exactly fit for her, fusion. She had often said in reviews that her style of play was a blend of classical and Celtic. That would bother the puritans in both fields but not the fans. She is fully capable of doing either in pure form. But her love is to fuse them into her own unique style. And so, here she was given the perfect platform to fuse classical with something else, classic rock, and even throwing in a wee bit of the Celtic. It is not a long tour, perhaps a test to see whether it will fly as a touring show and based upon a one off DVD filmed in Budapest. Hungary? Yep. That too is interesting, because at one time between CW and LoTD she helped produce a new show with a Hungarian that they called Irish Dance Invasion. Almost nothing video exists of that except a brief trailer. Sad. But here is another connection with the past. So, how would this all come together and what would it sound like? Well, the Budapest video became a PBS special. So, one could get an idea from that or Youtube clips. I chose not to, preferring to wait and just know the basic concept.

And so the day arrived. Tony and I had been late in coming for tickets so the best we could do was second row balcony center preferring that over distant floor seats. The venue is a fine symphony hall so we knew acoustics would be great. And, if there was a light show we would get a good view. That was something I never did with CW, was choose anything less than up front if I could get it. In this case we had no choice but wanted to be there for her. It timed out well that this show was a couple days off of our annual Lisa Kelly event in Peachtree City. What sealed the deal was the full cast free M & G after the show. So, we'd be able to say hello and show visible support. So. this past Wednesday Tony drove in from Valdez to our Palmer Alaska condo for the flight out at o dark thirty Thursday morning. It was three hours to Seattle and another four plus to Atlanta. I was very tired by the time we arrived but sleep is highly overrated so I'm told. We met up with Karsten from Germany at the airport. Then Mike and the Foster clan met up with us there to take MARTA into the city. Far cheaper and easier than driving into the city and parking there. The MARTA stop was only a couple blocks from the venue. We ate dinner at the airport because there was very little near the venue. It was warm and humid. Not weather for Tony or Karsten or myself any more. But the others love that. Regardless, it was a short climb up and into the venue. There we saw the merch table and I picked up a T-shirt that had M on it. Tony bought the Hibernia CD and the Rocktopia DVD. And off to our seats we went. Second row balcony center with the Fosters and Karsten just a couple seats to our left. Mike was in the wings. All of us were ready for it.

I won't go into song details as I am not educated on classical tunes even though I recognized most of them. ll would morph into one classic rock tune or another from my era of the 70's and 80's. The show opens with a video from their DVD showing a male fiddler who is quite good. But then the live show begins and it is Máiréad who enters first, just as she did with Celtic Woman. How perfect. And she is clad in a costume light in color and free flowing just as we have grown accustomed to. Throughout the show she is ever present. She is seldom off the stage even when not playing. She has the full Atlanta symphony, a huge choir, and the Rocktopia band and singers all around her. It is a big production. For us she is the focus but that does not detract from the immense talent in the other folks on stage.

Among the vocalists are the classical soprano Ximena Borges from Venezuela. Thank The Lord she is not down there now, though I'm sure her heart grieves for what is going on in that country. She has performed with some of the most renown orchestras in the world and is an award winner. And she is very good. But she too will morph into rock now and then. Kimberly Nichole was a finalist on season 8 of the TV show, The voice. And she has one. Very Tina Turner-esque. Carrie Manolakos is another female vocalist and one with a background on stage. BTW, all of these folks are products of the NYC talent pool. But my favorite on the night among the female ranks, aside from a certain fiddler of course, is Chloe Lowery. She also performs with TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) but they mainly do Christmas shows now. And does she have a set of pipes! Reminds me of another Chloe that Máiréad worked with. In song after song this powerhouse knocked it out of the park. Very impressive and I'm a new fan. Crikey she can rattle the rafters. Among the males on stage we have vocalists and instrumental types. Rob Evan is another TSO person and has quite a long stage history. He can belt it out in either classical or rock. Tony Vincent is a gaunt, almost Gothic, and trim vocalist who originates from New Mexico where I lived for nine years. He does a wide range of things and is very animated. He was also a contestant on The Voice and gained a lot of attention. Tony Bruno is the lead guitarist. He has been part of the creative team for Enrique Iglesias since 1999. And he has chops. Some nice two hand technique is part of the deal. Very 80's. And he rocks it out more than once with a certain fiddler. Henry Aronson is the pianist and music director. You know, the David Downes type.  Wink He's the lead brain in the creative stream. Mat Fieldes is the bass player. You know, the stoic Eoghan O'Neill guy that lays the foundation upon which the rest build. Alex Alexander is the drummer/percussionist. As one myself I can sure appreciate this guy Randall Craig Fleischer is the co-creator and the person in part behind the concept. This is his baby and he is also the maestro behind all the orchestra involvement. Their male fiddler who was on the DVD is David Aaron Carpenter.

The show had two acts and an intermission. At intermission I went down to get a coffee as I was working hard to stay awake in spite of the awesome music. I was operating on almost 30 hours without sleep and would go several more by the time we got to our hotel in Peachtree City. But the bar did not have coffee. A guy named Jamie offered to buy me a drink out of the blue. So, I wound up with rather clear looking liquid with a lime in it that did not look at all like coffee and tasted a lot like Gin. Roll Eyes. Thanks, Jamie, whoever you are. Cool Back up and ready for act two and it goes as off the hook as act one. I am very anxious to get up front for this show. Some of the songs they do we covered back in the day. This is a concept that works. It is not the first to do this but it is the first to do this quite this way. You might not think classical and rock are a good fit much like you may think Wendy's fries dipped in a chocolate Frosty would work, but it does. Now, don't be that way!  Tongue Try it! and try Rocktopia too! It is high energy but with periods of calm. It is well worth the ticket. And you know you want to be there for her, right? Well, stay tuned for fall dates including, we are told, in the west.

After the show we gathered and awaited the long line of people to pass through the meet and greet. It only took about 20 minutes before we could get up to the table. Máiréad was fourth in the lineup. But first was amazing Chloe and I had to let her know how much I appreciated her incredible performance and vocal gift. I made my way down to herself, the fiddler. We greeted each other with a handshake and she signed the photo of she and I from Omaha in 2013 that Michael Elder took. Then she said, stick around. Familiar faces of the artists do get a wee bit more time. So all of us fiddlerheads awaited and she generously granted us more time and hugs.  Odo's Bucket She still looks incredibly young. She is young at heart and a wee fiddling fountain of youth. She may not always feel that way but she sure gives that impression. We then had a group photo and parted company. I made sure tour manager Maggie got the birthday card to give to her. That too is a familiar face from the past having been with Madstone for CW. It is not someone I necessarily trust but will go into this with a clean slate as I do intend to go to more of these shows. Where there is M, there go her fans. Whatever she does we are there for her. So, keep up to date on their fall tour dates and anything else she is doing. Go check her Pledge Music site and get goodies for yourself or as gifts. It's what fans do. It's what friends do.   
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:47:59 AM by Moscapoet » Logged

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Ron
Total Mairead Fanatic!

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 10:29:19 PM »

Excellent review and it was great hanging with you this weekend. We definitely need to do this more often. Kim just contacted me. She said she want us to get "crackalakin". This bodes well for the future!

We sing before we learn to talk. We dance before we learn to walk. Music is ingrained into our very souls from birth.
jturbitt
A Sprite so Complete

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:32:46 AM »

Another great review . Mairead & Rocktopia are a Great Fit !  If you have the Chance, go and see this show folks. You Will Be Satisfied!!  Thanks Scott !
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 08:37:07 AM »

Excellent, Ron. Glad Kim is on board. And you're welcome, John.

Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 10:05:44 AM »

Great review Scott glad you enjoyed it Small-violin

CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 04:11:30 PM »

Excellent review!

I'll add couple of notes from my two experiences.

At the first show on April 11th in Buffalo, it almost didn't happen. I started getting vertigo the Friday before the show. On Monday (the day before the show) I got up and felt like I had such a bad flu I almost went to the hospital. I had to call in sick for work and that's pretty much the only legit sick day I've had to take in almost 10 years.

Fortunately, the nausea went away pretty quickly, although I was still really disoriented. It felt like I was bobbing up and down in the ocean and every few seconds a wave would give me an extra kick.

I was really worried because this hadn't happened before. Was it contagious? If so, I didn't want to give anything to Mairead. I didn't have a fever. Could I drive though? In traffic, getting to Buffalo can take anywhere from 2-4 hours. So 4-8 hours drive in a day including a late drive home and work the next morning. I was also having concerns with my car. I thought about not going because it was the safe thing to do. But I felt sooooo devastated just thinking about missing my chance to meet her.

Maybe I was just tired of something, so I waited it out. The next day, I was still really dizzy, but not nauseated. I tried a short drive and it went fine, so I decided I was going to go see Mairead no matter what.

I was supposed to meet someone I know from the forums (Tony) for dinner before the show. We had met a week earlier before the Celtic Woman concert in Kitchener. I was running behind having lost the previous day due to vertigo, so I eat into my buffer time. Traffic was looking fine, so I left a little over 2 hours before we were supposed to meet. As soon as I got on the highway, things ground to a halt. Almost no traffic movement for 30 minutes. After I got past that problem, it delayed me enough I started hiring rush hour traffic. It was a slow go the rest of the way. I had to bail on the dinner plans and grab a quick bite on the way. It took me about 4 hours to get there. I arrived about 15 minutes before the show started...

I had a seat about 6 rows back in the orchestra section. A good view, but I wasn't sure if Mairead could see / recognize me or not. There were some friendly people next to me who came because of Mairead. They weren't super-fans or anything (still thought she was with Celtic Woman) but she was the reason they came, in any event.

The event staff was really uptight about people taking pics. They had people roaming up and down the isles during the show telling people not to use their cameras. Well, no way in he'll was I going to see Mairead without getting so pics, so I had my camera in front of my card for Mairead so they couldn't see my screen if they came up behind me. Wink

The show itself was great! The other reviews have covered it well already, but just to add my own perspective. This show was perfect for Mairead's style and energy. She seemed like she was having a great time! I knew I was going to enjoy her, but WOW were the singers ever good! They sang with tons of passion and power! The arrangements were strong and enjoyable.

The fusion was, for the most part, we'll done (not the most subtle transitions at times, but perhaps that was by design).

After intermission, I moved up to the front where there were some empty seats. Mairead definitely saw me then! She looked at me smiled, and said "hi." I was really flattered and felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

After the show, I got a poster for the signing. I was near the front of the line. Only a couple of minutes wait. Mairead saw Tony and I from the table and waved.

It was nice to meet of them but WOW was Chloe Lowery ever sweet! She said she saw me in the front row and she could tell how much I was enjoying the show and thought it was cute.

I was wearing one of my Mairead Nesbitt Hibernia shirts, so the other performers knew who I was there to see. Lol.

Mairead was near the beginning of the signing line so I didn't have to wait long. I reached over and hugged her and got a quick pic. I also have her the card I made for her. She asked if I would stick around after the show. It was late and late driving scares me, but yeah, I was sticking around no matter what.

The signing line took a while (maybe 30 minutes). I stuck around. I got to say a few words to Mairead. It wasn't long and I forgot a lot of what I wanted to say. But I told her how amazing she was and how much I loved her albums. Hopefully she got a chance to read the card because if had some other things I wanted to tell her in there. Mairead wanted to make sure I enjoyed the show. I had. I got a quick photo and got to hug her a few times. The line took so long they started shooing her out. She could tell I was a bit emotional I suppose because she seemed that way too after I told her again how wonderful it had been to finally meet her.

I wanted to get a picture with Chloe Lowery, but they were urging ten to get on the tour bus at that point.

I left the venue still really dizzy but very satisfied. I had just met my second Celtic Woman! At the time, Chloë was the only

It was late, but I had a bit of caffeine (I'd guess 100 ml of Coke) to keep me awake on the drive back, cutting off after about 30 minutes. It took under 2 hours to get home without much traffic on the road. The caffeine unfortunately had a late second kick and combined with my excitement at meeting Mairead, I didn't get much sleep that night.

A few weeks later, I saw the show again in Atlanta! My notes from that to come a bit later tonight, hopefully.
Ron
Total Mairead Fanatic!

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 05:11:44 PM »

Great review, Tom! I didn't know you were in Atlanta till afterwards. But it was cool be present for your second time meeting Máiréad.

We sing before we learn to talk. We dance before we learn to walk. Music is ingrained into our very souls from birth.
CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »

Great review, Tom! I didn't know you were in Atlanta till afterwards. But it was cool be present for your second time meeting Máiréad.

Thanks, Ron!

Here's some notes for the second show.

Warning in advance. This one's going to jump all over the place ... not unlike our fairy fiddler on the stage Wink

Originally, I wasn't planning to go to a second Rocktopia show.

In the 8 weeks leading up to April, I was really busy. It was like a constant mad-scramble between massive overtime at work, trip planning, Celtic Woman gift preparation, and other things going on outside of work. I was coming home from work exhausted almost every evening.

I had 3 brutal colds one after another. It made my ears plugged up (not ideal for enjoying music) but not sore. Cold #3 in particular made my throat sore and for a while, I thought my throat might have gotten infected. Some throat infections are contagious, which would have been a disaster. I couldn't have gone to meet Celtic Woman with a throat infection. Last thing in the world I want is to be so selfish as to give those ladies problems that would affect their beautiful voices. Fortunately, it wasn't infected, BUT those colds really took a toll and cost me a lot of time over those months. Time that I had been hoping to use planning attractions and other things surrounding Lisa's show and the fan gatherings. Way back when I first got tickets to Lisa's show, I had made list of some things I was interested in, but I hadn't looked into any of that since then. The vertigo that started coming on just before the Celtic Woman M+G and Lisa's show did not help matters at all, but I threw together an itinerary in spite of feeling super-terrible.

Side-note: one of the places I wanted to go was The Fox Theatre. The main reason I wanted to go on that tour, of course, was to go see the venue where Celtic Woman recorded the Believe DVD. I'll never experience what it must have been like to be at those two shows, but I at least wanted to experience the magnificent theatre. Unfortunately, I found out that the Fox Theatre tour runs only on certain days at certain times and the tickets go on sale 2 weeks in advance. I didn't realize that and all the tickets were gone by the time I checked. That was a bummer. I'll have to do it next time.

By the way, it turns out the vertigo wasn't an ear infection, virus, or crystals that had worked their way into the ear canal as I had feared. It was apparently just the cumulative effect of the 3 nasty colds and the onset of seasonal allergies had completely blocked one of the pathways between my nose and ears. That was causing disorientation for the nerves in there and leading to a false sense of motion. Never had that happen before in 30+ years. Who knew?

I carpooled Karsten from Buffalo to Erie for the Celtic Woman show the day before Rocktopia in Atlanta. We were having a bite to eat before going to the M+G and I was trying to figure out if there was anything I could do in the evening of the day I arrived in Atlanta (April 20th) or April 21st (turns out April 21st was the fan dinner, but as mentioned, I was a bit scatter-brained going in to this). I double-checked to see if I could make to any Chloë show on April 20th. Nope. Her concerts in the area were just after I left. Again...bummer. But Karsten mentioned he was going to Rocktopia on the 20th. I had already seen it but I enjoyed it a lot and I didn't really have anything else to do that evening. So what the heck ... got a balcony ticket for Rocktopia in Atlanta while waiting for food.

I was already WAYYYYYY over budget for the year let alone the month, but it's only money, right? I figured after going through hell for several years (prior to the Destiny PBS special that helped turn my life around), I owed myself. Plus, I wanted to meet Mairead again. I got lucky at the first show in that Tony and I were the only Mairead Nesbitt super-fans there. Tony had to leave after the signing and couldn't stick around. So I was the only one that stuck around for Mairead after the signing and got some time to myself with her, even if it was only a couple of minutes. I got a few photos with her that turned out ok. But I wasn't at my best that first night, mostly on the account of the vertigo and exhaustion and the stress of almost not being able to go to any of these shows on account of illness. I wanted to hug her again and thank her for being so wonderful ... maybe get another photo with her (even though I didn't have my Hibernia shirt with me).

Anyways, I'm not a morning person and after the emotional Celtic Woman meet and greet in Erie and an hour or two of posting about it after the show, I didn't get much sleep. I woke up at 5:00 AM to pick up Karsten from his hotel and drive us from Erie to the Buffalo airport for mid-morning flights. I'm used to going in to work on 4-6 hours of sleep, so getting 4.5 hours wasn't too bad, although it was a bit of an earlier start to the day than usual and a much longer drive than usual.

The 2 hour drive and the 2 hour flight seemed to go by by pretty quickly. I got in to Atlanta early afternoon. But I decided to get a bit to eat at McDonalds. Big mistake. There was no where to park and the GPS then had me going in circles for about 50 minutes before I found my own way back to the hotel. I had to rush a bit to get my tickets printed, grab a bit at the hotel, and head out to the concert.

The vertigo was a tiny bit better at this point, but would still be going on for a few days and I was still scatter-brained, so I thought the concert was an hour earlier than it was. Thank goodness I was confused, because it took me almost an 1h20m to make a '12 minute' drive in Atlanta traffic. The GPS got confused on the way to the highway and had me going in circles for a bit (it was having a real hard time that entire trip). The highway was backed up (moving, but slowly). But what was really brutal was the streets after exiting the highway. It took almost 20 minutes just go get to the end of the off-ramp and the streets to the theatre were barely moving. I didn't have time before I left to look for parking, so my plan was to just park at the venue or drive around for a bit. Well...driving around wasn't really an option and the GPS told me I had "arrived" at my destination when I hadn't. So I was freaking out a bit I was going to miss the first half of the show at this point. I thought it had already started. I pulled over to find a parking spot on foot. I eventually found one and got the car there. It was about $17 for parking. A bit steep, but it could have been worse.

I had realized by this point that I still had time and like with the first Rocktopia show, I left with what I thought was plenty of time and arrived with only 20 minutes or so to spare.

I took a look at the merch stand before the show. Pretty much the same stuff they had at the first show I went to, but I wanted to get something for the signing, so I ended up getting a DVD during intermission.

I had seats in the balcony 4 rows back of the railing (on the left side if looking out from the stage). I think you guys were on the other side of the balcony. I met some nice folks from Atlanta and chatted with them a bit. We talked about Celtic Woman and Mairead Nesbitt. They had seen CW on PBS, but weren't super-fans or anything. Like some folks at the first show I talked to, they were surprised to hear Mairead Nesbitt wasn't with Celtic Woman anymore. I hyped up Tara and the 'new' Celtic Woman to them because even though Mairead is no longer with them, I will always love the group and Tara really is one of the most wonderful performers and people I've ever met in my life.

Having already seen the show once, I wasn't too disappointed with cheap balcony seats. It made it almost impossible to take close-up photos with the phone on my camera and all the pics where the performers were moving around turned out blurry. I still didn't get a decent shot of Mairead despite taking about 80 photos of her during the 2 shows. But I got a few decent wide shots of the stage, so I'm happy with that.

I think I enjoyed the second show even more than I did the first time! The first time I was a bit stressed out from the vertigo, the brutal drive, and the people coming up and down the isles telling people to put their cameras away. My mind was also wandering to the M+G after. So I don't think I got maximum enjoyment out of the first show like I did with the second.

The audience at the show in Atlanta was larger and louder than the one in Buffalo (Shea's was a little over half full, I would guess), whereas the theatre in Atlanta was probably closer to 85% filled. The crowd in Atlanta was way more energetic than any of the Celtic Woman concert crowds I've been in.

After the show, I got in the signing line pretty early. I was getting pretty groggy by this point. It had been a long day of travel on short night's rest. Chloe Lowery recognized me from the previous show and this time, I got to grab a selfie with her! I wanted to get a photo with her after the show, but if I have a choice between hanging out with Mairead and pretty much anyone else (except maybe Chloe) I'm hanging out with Mairead. I said hi to Mairead but was again pretty much speechless in her presence. But I told her you guys were further back in line and I was going to wait around with you after the show. There were some things I wanted to say to the other singers, but I was running a bit low on energy at that point so I just ended up telling them some generic stuff like "great show" or "I liked it even better the second time" or "it was great to see you again ... you're a fantastic singer." Whatever, could have gone better. Could have gone worse. Satisfied with the way it went.

As someone pointed out in the signing line after the fact, it would have been wise to take the cover out of the DVD case and have them sign the insert instead of the cover. But honestly, I've never took out the cover from a DVD before. Not really sure how to do it. Also, I've never had a DVD signed and all my signed CDs were just on cardboard covers (no inserts covered with plastic lining). So I wasn't really thinking about it. To be perfectly honest, I'm not paranoid about protecting signatures. I'm going to treasure it forever no matter what. I'm never going to sell my signed Celtic Woman related stuff. So resale value from signature preservation is irrelevant to me. The signatures are less important to me than the fact that they signed it, if that makes any sense at all. And I'm not going to frame a DVD case, so whatever. If they wear off, they wear off. I have a signed poster from the first show anyways. Wink

I wasn't nearly as emotional the second time as I was when I met her after the first show. I was really tired and honestly, emotionally drained from the Celtic Woman M+G the day before and the BEAUTIFUL messages Mairead Carlin and Tara had sent me afterwards (OMG, the nicest messages I've ever been sent on social media ... so heartfelt and sooooo sweet).

It was great hanging out with you guys a bit after the show. I forgot about the dinner the day before Lisa's show and there was a lot of things going on at the Mellow Mushroom gathering. So I'm glad I got a few minutes to break the ice and chat a bit after the Rocktopia show before the MM gathering. I know I've said it on Facebook, but it was nice to finally meet you!

I got to hug Mariead again a couple of times and I got a group photo you folks and her. I wanted to get a second individual photo, but it didn't happen. I still didn't get to say much to her the second time. But the thing is, I had already met her a couple of weeks prior. Most of you hadn't seen her in a while. You deserved that time with her and I had no intention of taking any time away from you.

Lol. I promise I'm not bitter at all.  Smiley

Thank you again Ron for helping to talk me in to going to see the first show. I really appreciated that.

I enjoyed both shows. They exceeded my expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the show into other tours and I'll gladly continue to support them on social media. I'm REALLY glad I got the chance to meet Mairead (twice). She was so happy just to have me in the audience supporting her. That was really touching and I'm so glad I can support her now after everything her and her music have done for me. <3
Ron
Total Mairead Fanatic!

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 11:18:28 PM »

I'm glad I was able to help convince you. I knew you'd enjoy it. Yes, Steph and I hung back a little bit because we got time with her in Jacksonville. Mike got time with her in Baltimore. Scott and Tony hadn't seen her yet, and traveled so far. But we all got a warm reception from her. Such is Máiréad!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:32:48 PM by Ron » Logged

VonnyandJohn from Oz
Celtic Fiddler

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 12:54:07 AM »

Thank you so much for sharing all the reviews and impressions. So great to read.

I don't think Mairead will be coming to Oz  Cry

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 10:35:38 PM »

Vonny and John, you just never know!  Wink Once she puts together her own show she just might. And there is nothing that says Rocktopia would not go there. They are just getting started! Keep the faith!

VonnyandJohn from Oz
Celtic Fiddler

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »

Vonny and John, you just never know!  Wink Once she puts together her own show she just might. And there is nothing that says Rocktopia would not go there. They are just getting started! Keep the faith!

you are right, will keep hoping. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: