User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2017, 09:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98190 Posts in 5957 Topics by 590 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Devil's Bit Sessions (family album)  (Read 485 times)
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 07:42:19 PM »

Ordered mine June 12th but have not received it yet. I know that M is not all happy about the service from Pledge for this album. I don't do downloads unless it is the only thing available.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 05:21:33 PM »

I prefer physical copies to downloads in most cases.

Shipping here is pretty insane though and I really can't tell the difference between a CD track and a properly ripped MP3-320.

Mine is on the way, but with cross-border shipping, it could be another week or two before it gets here.
CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:04:17 PM »

Here's the transcript of an interview Máiréad did with 67 Music regarding her family album, Devil's Bit Sessions as well as her violin line:

http://www.67music.net/features/mairead-nesbitt-talks-about-devils-bit-sessions/

Some of the interesting points from the interview:
- It sounds like her original plan was to just do Hibernia, but then was inspired to do a family album too
- As the title suggests, it's a "session" type album that was recorded live over a single weekend ... like a "1-mic, 1-take" kind of deal
- Over the years, the Nesbitt family basically put all the tunes they accumulated over the years in a dropbox and chose 19 of them
- For the group numbers, there were up to 14 people playing at the one time
- There was at least one non-family member (an honorary member) in some of the songs: Eoghan Ó’ Neill, on acoustic bass
« Last Edit: Today at 06:14:57 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: