User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 02:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98147 Posts in 5950 Topics by 590 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Máiréad's new album is here! Get your copy of Hibernia!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 5 years later and BELIEVE is still UNBELIEVABLE  (Read 848 times)
DCobble
Sr Fiddler

« on: September 06, 2016, 05:46:26 PM »

Hey guys,

Yes I know you see that title and say only Daniel could of gone there and you would be correct! So many memories each of us have of this once in a life time event. This week marks the 5 anniversary of two of most unforgettable nights of out lives. I posted this on my Facebook page an wish I could write for ever.

I would like to take many of my Celtic Woman friends back 5 years this week, What were many of us doing? That is right 5 years this week we all gathered in a city called Atlanta for a two night filming for a first time recording in states from a group called Celtic Woman. Many, many memories were made those two days. Many of us gathered first a forumn meeting at the Fox Theater along with song that every fans know called You Raise me Up that first night. For me this was the first time meeting many of you and I still call each of you my friend.

I will try not to make this a long post guys I promise Smiley There are many things I remember the most are the audience that first night giving them stand o's after each song. Chloe and Lisa teaching all of us a song called "Green Grow the Rushes". They told us it was time we were more part of the show. The entire audience singing happy birthday to Ray and Lisa stating this was not first time Ray interupted a concert. Of course the music and those beautiful voice we will never forget. The song Téir Abhaile Riú or Tar as many of us know it by. The greatest Ave Maria of all time performed by Chloe Agnew and the Gwinnett Young Singers. I still get chills when I hear this song. We were the only ones to ever see and hear live the performaces of Tears in Heaven and Black Is the Colour. Two songs that many of us love so.

Ok guys  I guess I have said enough. Who still has the confetti that fell at the end of each show? I just looked in my CW box and found exactly where they were left 5 years ago. Guys I ask each of you if possible to send a message to these artist and maybe watch the recording of not only of the Believe concert but of our documentary that was done so well. It is not only honor to be a fan of such a fablous group, but to call you my friends. Thank you to each one you.

Daniel
CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:04:30 PM »

What I wouldn't give to go back and be there live, but alas the DVD is the closest I'll ever come to experiencing that glorious pair of concerts.

I really appreciate reading stories of people that were there. Haha. I can almost experience the joy vicariously and across time through you.

Since I didn't get to see it live, I'll share my experience from the perspective of the DVD.

Believe was one of the most beautiful and uplifting productions I've ever seen. The set and the dresses were stunning. The music was unforgettable.

You'll Never Walk Alone, Follow On, The World Falls Away ... just some of the masterpieces.

The Parting Glass was one of the most epic and bittersweet endings ever. The Celtic Woman arrangement is the best arrangement by far. Such power and incredible harmony. Such simple but potent words. I eventually came to associate the Parting Glass with a farewell to Lisa Kelly (and later Chloë). I've never heard a song that evokes in me such powerful feelings of both sorrow and joy at once. The way they embraced at the end...it was just so touching and perfect.

Believe also introduced a lot of the general audience to Lisa Lambe. What a gifted performer and rare treasure. I'm really sorry I never got to see her live with Celtic Woman. But I'm very glad I get to enjoy her on DVD.

And of course there was Mairead. A fiddler with such boundless energy and talent never before there was nor will there ever be. To dance and twirl about the stage, up and down the stairs, without missing a note, the audience clapping their hearts out in approval... You are one of a kind, Mairead.

I thank all of you in the audience. Watching you was an integral part of my experience. Believe wouldn't have been the same without you!

Believe is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen or heard! Thank you Celtic Woman and Happy Anniversary!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:07:12 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
JimM.
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 11:44:58 PM »

I still have my confetti. Wink
CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 12:06:33 AM »

I still have my confetti. Wink

Haha.

You just gave me a good idea for the next time I watch the DVD. The Parting Glass is going to be extra-fun.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:09:44 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
Romds9
Celtic Fiddler

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 03:58:07 PM »

I didn't think anyone else kept the confetti (pieces from both shows). We could put it all together and redo the finale.  ROFLMAO
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »

Oh yes, I too kept confetti. It was the most amazing fan event ever and a wonderful experience for those who attended. We here also did a fan documentary which was put on a DVD. A ballroom was rented at the venue to host the fan gathering. The first night most of the familiar faces were either in the pit, front part of the other seating, or front of the balcony. It made all the difference. It is the only time in history that we know of that any artist or group got full house standing ovations for ever song and tune. You don't see that on the DVD or the PBS broadcast, only hints of it. Around 150 familiar faces were there making it the largest CW fan gathering ever or since. And the Máiréad forum led the way!

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

Without music, life would be a mistake

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 12:47:18 AM »

Believe is indeed a gem. I too have some confetti and I didn't even go to the taping. LOL!

10-11-10 ~ 4,000 reasons to love Máiréad
CWazyTom
Celtic Fiddler

One CWazy Canadian!

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 12:01:27 AM »

Believe is indeed a gem. I too have some confetti and I didn't even go to the taping. LOL!

I have confetti too!!!

... but only in my dreams.  Roll Eyes

For the next DVD taping, as long as we get enough notice, I'm there!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: