User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 05:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98205 Posts in 5963 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Happy 9th anniversary to the forum!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Empty Pit Seats  (Read 612 times)
dbbii
Celtic Fiddler

« on: April 29, 2016, 11:08:17 AM »

So my PBS tickets show up a week or so ago for Daytona Beach.  Even though they were up to $370, I was happy since they were pit seats.  I had an M&G package plus 4 other tickets (business related, so I didn't have to pay!).

Problem was the pit was at least 5' below the stage.  When I stood up, my chin was about level with the stage.  Could not see the piano at all, and could only see about 1/2 of the girls, since the stop line was waayyy back.  Anthony tended to ignore the stop line on Amazing Grace and the finale.

15 pit seats.  2 empty when show started.  After intermission, there were 12 empty.  If I had not already seen the show, I would have moved.

Good point -- bartender really does good (strong) drinks.

Show was great as usual.  I like Westerning Home as the end of the first half.  Not so much TAR as a show ending.

Since meet and greet was small (less than 20) it wasn't quite as rushed as Cleveland, but I've having more and more problems justifying why I pay the extra money.  Dude from CW who runs it definitely needs to go to a Dale Carnegie course.

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 12:12:31 PM »

I've been to some shows with high stages. Thankfully, in most cases, the stop line was to the edge or near it. Piano placement would be tough with that kind of stage as far as pit viewing. Likely there will be some empty pit seats in Colorado Springs. As of only a month ago PBS still have 6 pair of M & G!!! a lot of folks are finding it harder to justify it as the reality of the economy is different than what media and government tell us. I opted to do the M & G as there were no good seats left in the rest of the venue and because it is my only show this tour.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: