User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 02:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Happy 9th anniversary to the forum!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please Come Back To Rockville (pun)Strathmore 3/7 Celtic Nights  (Read 857 times)
Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« on: March 08, 2014, 05:25:31 PM »

The name of this review is a spoof on the old REM song Don't Go Back To Rockville

The Strathmore is a very pretty venue opened in 2005 as the summer home for the BSO. With oak floors and hardwood walls the acoustics are fantastic. Now for the show I flew solo at my first CN show arriving around 7pm. I bought a seat in the 3rd row for 47 dollars sweet. After some scouting I found the merch table for later the doors open at 7:35. The stage is a little high not as bad as some I've seen but 3rd row was good for me. The show starts about 8:08 I won't go into a song by song review but I will post highlights. Grin

For all my fellow CW fans this is not a CW show but a show that takes a little from some of the other celtic shows and mixes it together you like Anuna or Riverdance or CW or CT some of the best from each show is in the CN show. Ill start with the fiddle player and work backwards Ben is accomplished he can blend classical with celtic and american styles as good as anybody. Stevie he plays pipes and guitar as well very talented guy

Each of the main performers could hold this stage on their own a very talented. Ill start with the ladies Rebekah Robertson is from Scotland and has a very powerful voice that makes you take notice. Rebecca Winkworth has one of the sweetest soprano voice's i've ever heard.  Eabha has a much deeper voice much like Orla Fallon. The Men are very powerful singers I won't rate them its not fair but they are impressive.

Next ill touch on the dancers wow they are great and they can sing to. So here are a few songs you will see in the show Caledonia , Only A Woman's Heart , Isle Of Hope , Danny Boy ,Fionghuala ( a real tung twister ) , I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking for (U2) ,Whiskey In A Jar . Just to name a few the show is heart felt and fan friendly if you go you will enjoy the show. Grin

The artist are in the lobby during show break and after with T shirts CD's and other stuff you can buy and they will sign them for you and photos can be taken. All said and done a great time that won't break your bank Grin

Dave

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »

Thanks, Dave. So happy you went!

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Ron
Total Mairead Fanatic!

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »

Thanks for sharing, Dave. Looking forward to seeing them at the end of this month. Closing show of the tour. Can't wait!

We sing before we learn to talk. We dance before we learn to walk. Music is ingrained into our very souls from birth.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: