User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 09:52:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98205 Posts in 5963 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: quick sketch  (Read 2098 times)
goformeco
Mairead Fan

« on: December 31, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »

Hi all,

Just a quick sketch. Didn't realize until I saw a detailed scan that I still need to correct the left eyeline. And, of course, more detailing, blending, and shading is needed.

Got this idea from a wonderful artist in Canada. Credit is all hers. She created some pencil works that focused on the eyes of 'Jack Sparrow' back when he made his first debut on screen. Since that time I have practiced on several sketches that focus on the eyes of the subject. Also, obviously didn't have time to focus on the fiddle, so had to sketch it even more quickly due to time constraints.

Only had a few minutes to put this to paper, and would otherwise not have time to make the necessary corrections in time to wish you all a Happy New Year. Godspeed.

MikeyK
Global Moderator
Guardian of the fiddle realm

All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 03:16:33 AM »

Beautiful work, goformeco! Thanks for sharing!

And as a little side note, welcome to the forum!

goformeco
Mairead Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »

Thank you for that kind reception, MikeyK! I’ve had the great honor of meeting some of the forum members, and I'm as far from being an artist as one can possibly be. (as is evident)  Cheesy I usually hand my ideas over to the real artists so they can create a quality piece of art in my stead. But, whenever an artistic (using the term very casually in my case...lol) idea does strike me, every now and then I'll try to put it to paper.  Smiley

I'm sure I echo the story of many/most forum members by saying that from the very first TV airings, I was amazed by CW's musical ensemble. As profoundly impressive as it became to see the music performed on television or to listen to it on CD, never have I been left more in awe than when having been extended the opportunities to listen to the music in a live setting. To hear the music in person is to then understand the truly magical quality that it possesses.

CW’s powerful music speaks for itself in its range. It is fun and uplifting one moment; then it fluidly shifts and becomes entirely moving the next. For me, there has always been a deeper sub-layer of appreciation. I qualify as a bit of a 'physics nerd' (minus the intelligence...lol), and for anyone who has ever heard of ‘string theory’ and the ideas that lie behind it, I have an extra special appreciation for the execution of the notes and melodies of CW's music. By the time you combine Mairead's prodigious ability with the violin/fiddle and the marvelous vocal harmonizations of Lisa, Mairead, and Susan, as well as the accompanying musicians and vocalists, you have a sound that takes on a celestial quality all its own. In our humanity, we take that music which moves us and we relate to it in our own way. From my own perspective, CW’s music translates and gives audible exposition to those scientific intellections that I hold dear. My appreciation for CW’s music quickly takes on a dual role in terms of a technical nostalgia, whether speaking about the generation of notes and melodies in their actual musical performances, or in relating those notes and melodies to the world of physics around us. I would certainly like to have sat in on some of the discussions that Rene Descartes and Isaac Beeckman may have had that bore relation between physics and music. These types of correlations are why I have enjoyed paying attention to the notes that are sounded by Mairead’s fiddle as if I were a music student myself, to paying attention to the vocalizations by Lisa, Mairead, and Susan, and this is where those of you who know your music could better help me get up to par on learning about the diatonic and chromatic scales.  Smiley

Well, apologies for cluttering the forum with my ramblings. Let me bow out here and wish everyone a Happy 2014, and I hope everyone has a marvelous time on the Emerald Tour.  Smiley
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 12:59:38 PM »

Thanks for the artwork and the lovely post! We look forward to seeing you out on tour!

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: