User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2017, 10:40:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98147 Posts in 5950 Topics by 590 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Happy 9th anniversary to the forum!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mairead Carlin Crossing Sign  (Read 2572 times)
Romds9
Celtic Fiddler

« on: November 25, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »

Hi All,
     I wanted to take a shot at making something so here is a new crossing sign.  Special thanks to those that made previous signs as they were excellent templates.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:29:49 AM by Romds9 » Logged
JimM.
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »

I like it. Smiley
CW_Fan
Total Mairead Fanatic!

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:49:25 PM »

Very Cool! Perhaps you could throw in a few ribbons in the background for a "Scarlett Ribbons" theme  Wink
Romds9
Celtic Fiddler

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:59:05 AM »

Very Cool! Perhaps you could throw in a few ribbons in the background for a "Scarlett Ribbons" theme  Wink

I like that idea, I'll see what I can do.
Romds9
Celtic Fiddler

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:31:37 AM »

Ok I was able to add ribbons  Smiley
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »

Very good, Bill. I have coined a phrase with her that she liked in Vegas. I told her I had been Carlinized. Mike suggested that comes from a mineral, Carlinite, so perhaps Something like "Warning, Carlinization in progress" or "Carlinite loading zone"? I like the added ribbons! BTW, we have a design for a button and will get some ordered in time for Mike to deliver some to the M & G on the 5th.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Fiddle_Addict
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Mens sana in corpore sano.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »

Mike suggested that comes from a mineral, Carlinite, so perhaps

Hm, looks like we need to rewrite those chemistry books, having now successfully discovered a second mineral after Máiréadium... Wink
Looks like I am not the only who got carlinized instantly - any chance that stuff might be toxic?  Roll Eyes ^^

Anyways, back to topic: I think I actually like it better without the ribbons. You wouldn't really see a real street sing displaying a ribbon, would you? To make it individual, maybe try a different background color? Light green perhaps, to stick with the Irish theme (even though it wouldn't really look like a proper sign then either, I know).

I would really like to play the Glass Bead Game
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 03:37:03 PM »

Mike suggested that comes from a mineral, Carlinite, so perhaps

Hm, looks like we need to rewrite those chemistry books, having now successfully discovered a second mineral after Máiréadium... Wink
Looks like I am not the only who got carlinized instantly - any chance that stuff might be toxic?  Roll Eyes ^^

Anyways, back to topic: I think I actually like it better without the ribbons. You wouldn't really see a real street sing displaying a ribbon, would you? To make it individual, maybe try a different background color? Light green perhaps, to stick with the Irish theme (even though it wouldn't really look like a proper sign then either, I know).
Yes, we need to revise the Celtic Woman periodic table of elements and actually make one up. I have them all assigned.  Wink Non-toxic unless you actually ingest it.

Another idea is that MC has joked about people calling her Mermaid. So, perhaps one with fins and call it MerMairead crossing? Oh, yes, FA, I was Carlinized before I even got to the show. I joked about it with her on Twitter days before after viewing her YT videos. I walked up to her night one and said I was ready to be Carlinized. Her eyes got wide and she said, "I know you!". Grin The symphony show really does a good job of highlighting her range. Can't wait to see what she gets for spring.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: