User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2019, 05:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98316 Posts in 5985 Topics by 597 Members
Latest Member: Vicki
  News
Family album Devil's Bit Sessions now available through the Pledge Music Site
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Amy Rivard Barenaked Canadian Lady Show Plus Photos  (Read 6001 times)
Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« on: March 31, 2010, 01:53:58 AM »

OK I'm sneaky so I planned to go and see Amy on March 30TH and wanted it to be a surprise. Well first off it would have been but Amy looked at the guest list last week an knew I was coming. Well I kind of figured that out last week with a my space message she posted

The trip to New York wasn't fun it was raining hard but we made good time. Then we got stuck in the Lincon tunnel for half an hour. Would this make us late? we made good time getting thru Manhattan this was my first real time in New York. was there 3 weeks ago but didn't stop. one more problem we parked a block west of the Metropolitan Room go figure LOL we arrive on time with only 10 minutes to spare.

The venue is a small intimate club that seats about 50 people the lights went down the show began Amy came in wearing a very pretty red dress no not the candy one that I know all to well yeah that one she was wearing when I met her Roll Eyes First off Amy thanked the people that help her put this show together. and told us that she wouldn't be naked  hehe your bad Amy Grin Tonight Amy would show all of us the true power of here voice WOW she has increadable range. duh I knew this but to see her perform live is a true treat. After Amy finished her first song she looked at me and said thank you to Dave and Scott for flying in for the show . ops we didn't I said we drove duh flying in sounds more impressave LOL. Amy performed songs from her Silver Sea Cruise shows some standards and music form The Sound Of Music many of you remember that Amy was on the show How do you solve a problem like Maria  well to my dismay she didn't win I figured they wanted someone younger           
how right I was Grin

Memories of my childhood I didn't know there were still MR Softy trucks haven't seen one for 25 years but they must have them in New York and drive Amy nuts!!! they had great ice cream if I remember right she sang the Mr softy theme and gave us the lyrics to sing along what a hoot that was. The best part she sang on of my favorites A Best Friend In Me this song isn't on her CD only her my space page. Some of Amy's neighbors must be trying to break into opera she sang a song about her singing neighbors and boy does she have the voice for this. And yes Amy finally got her green card I remember telling her I would go to DC and complain if she didn't get it LOL way to go Amy

After the show I made my way to the bar to pay the tab there was Amy!! shades of a Halloween past Grin I got the biggest hug ever!!  I ask Amy if she knew I was coming she said she looked at the guest list last week!!!!! so much for a surprise!!!! I gave her one on the DVDs I made from Tony's recording of the Powerscourt soundcheck !!! am I glad I went sure I would go again and will when the time comes. Amy deserves all the support we can give her

Way to go Girl!!!

here are some photos video incoming soon enjoy

Thomas
Maireadium miner

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 06:55:59 AM »

Well done Dave and Furface,

Congrats on being on time!  Wink

Tom
Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:11:17 AM »

How a bout a smile Davey, after all shes your favourite girl Wink

The wind blows wherever it pleases, you hear it,but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.So it is with everyone born of the Spirit
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:00:48 AM »

Thanks Dave! Ah what a nice treat to see Amy perform a solo show live. Glad you were there in time and had such a special night. I think Amy knows you are her number one supporter and I so wish I could have been there with you. If she sounded half as good as she looks in the photos then she was in truly fine form. Looking forward to more photos and video and a comment from her about the show on her blog. Thanks for being there for her. You had a lot of folks there with you in spirit.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
ALCAN1
A Sprite so Complete

Learn The Truth-Listen to Alex Jones infowars.com

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »

That is sooooo cool!!! I would have loved to have been there, I'm glad that you and Scott were able to get to New York to see Amy.

By the way...Did you get to meet with "Amy's team"? ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless.

Thomas Jefferson
Capn Davey
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »

Oh Yes Tony!!! I can not tell a lie i sure did Shame-on.... and Kim I'm not photogenic everytime someone takes a photo of me I look like some dork ROFLMAO

Glenn A.K.A. The Rotten Rebel
Tipperary's best fiddler

She is proof, your greatest dreams, can come true.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »

Wow!!! Outstanding write up! And Wow again! Amy!!! What a cutie!!!  Roll Eyes

Glenn, A.K.A. The Rotten Rebel

Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »

Oh Yes Tony!!! I can not tell a lie i sure did Shame-on.... and Kim I'm not photogenic everytime someone takes a photo of me I look like some dork ROFLMAO
Does this mean we now call you Captain Dorky instead of Captain Davey Grin Grin

The wind blows wherever it pleases, you hear it,but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.So it is with everyone born of the Spirit
Tom~Tom
Sr Fiddler

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »

Nice report, Dave. Here's a blog by someone else who was there.

http://www.opticality.com/blog/2010/03/31/amy-rivard-at-metropolitan-room/

Tom~Tom
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 10:23:21 AM »

Nice report, Dave. Here's a blog by someone else who was there.

http://www.opticality.com/blog/2010/03/31/amy-rivard-at-metropolitan-room/
Yep, just saw that today. You beat me to it, Tom!  Grin it is a nice read with more lovely photos. Looks like another Rimolli creation she is wearing. 

Capn Davey
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »

And here it is the first video from Amy's show Tuesday night enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NxQV6IVtNM

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »

Ahh, she sure knows how to belt them out. Thanks, Dave, and nicely done, Amy.

Thomas
Maireadium miner

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 09:15:12 PM »

Thanks Dave,

2 minutes down and 58 more to go.

Amy looks great!

Tom
mpdallen
Guardian of the fiddle realm

Integrity

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 03:53:22 PM »

Dave,

Good review. Glad you and Scott went to New York to show Amy she still has a lot of fans that love her and support her. Thanks for the pictures and the video, and she does still look beautiful and sounds great. Glad you two had a great time with her and I wish I could have been there with you to see Amy.  She sure does have the looks and the talent, and I miss her.

Amy, come south soon, and especially Nashville as you would be very welcome here.

Jim

If you promise to send me a song.........
MrPeabody
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Albuquerque 2009. Forever on my mind.

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »

Great review, Dave.  Great pictures, too.  I finally had a chance to watch the video and WOW!  Amy and CW have to start scheduling these NYC events on the weekend so I can go.  Smiley

Mike

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: