User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:55:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Stay tuned for dates on Máiréad's performances in the USA!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: (Lake) Superior concert in Duluth  (Read 3964 times)
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

Without music, life would be a mistake

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 07:15:11 PM »

Scott,

Great review from a great concert. It was such a pleasure to finally meet you and share stories with eachother. CW brings together so many people, from different places. *Just a quick side note - this morning my mom talked to 4 ladies at our hotel that were at the concert last night (from wis. somewhere) and they also said they though the show was amazing.

OKay, back on topic, it was not a problem to drive you around between places. Its way easier and cheaper than taking a bus or shuttle. I also have to say that those songs that you shared were just amazing and I hope that everything goes well and you can get them out on CD.

It was a bummer that Mairead was not at the M&G but... things can't always go the way we want them too.

I am not good at reviews, but I will make up one and post it later.

Destiny

10-11-10 ~ 4,000 reasons to love Máiréad
Irishdreamer
Mairead Fan

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 07:59:23 PM »

What a fantastic review Moscapoet. I'm sorry you did not get to see Mairead at the meet and greet but it's neat you got to meet Alex and now she is in your sing book.  That was neat about courtland and the licence plate. Smiley
Starman
Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »

1 .... I hope I represented this forum well.

Of course you did, Scott!! You're the best!!   Grin Grin   Thank you for all your efforts on our behalf to keep us posted and for being in essence, Cap'n Davey's  First Mate aboard the good ship Mairead!! 

MrPeabody
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Albuquerque 2009. Forever on my mind.

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »

Sorry I'm a little tardy here, I've been extremely busy.

As if there was any doubt, you've written another awesome review.  Too bad about not seeing Máiréad again, but based on other reviews she has done her share of M&G's recently.  On the other hand, as they say, variety is the spice of life and soon you will have met all of the girls.  Enjoy your last show and watch out for withdrawal symptoms.

Mike

mpdallen
Guardian of the fiddle realm

Integrity

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 06:14:40 AM »

Moscapoet,

You know how much I enjoy reading your reviews, and your experiences and interactions with forum members and with some people with the Show. To get to do any of that has to be such a blessing. I knew you would get a lot of attention from so many of the performers during the Show because they have come to know you. They cannot help but love someone with your caring spirit, and your love for everything about this Show. Since you have now met most all of the Ladies and they truly see what a gentleman you are, it just comes easy for them. I know you would have liked to have met Mairead again at the M&G, but with your interaction with her during the Show, I am sure your hearts and minds had a lot of interaction.

Scott, you represent the Mairead Forum members so well, and thank you for all that you do for us.

Scott-n3sjh, thank you on behalf of the Mairead Forum members for your gift to the CW cast and crew. They will probably go nuts over your fine gift.

Moscapoet, I was late with this, as I had an eye operation Tuesday and a return visit yesterday to the Dr. I can now see without glasses, except for reading. Yeahhhhhh.

Jim.

If you promise to send me a song.........
Fiddle_Addict
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Mens sana in corpore sano.

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »

What a nice review. I am really glad all of you had some much fun. Smiley
And those descriptions make me look forward to the day when I will finally see them live even more.
As for those reviews...keep 'em coming! Cheesy

I would really like to play the Glass Bead Game
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »

Thank you all for your kind comments. It was a great adventure and some moments of a lifetime that would be hard to duplicate. It was an honor to spend time with some cast members which they certainly did not have to do. they could have easily brushed me off and said thanks and been done with it. The concert experience was marvelous with all the artists being so lovely in their attention. Yes, disappointed at not having a third Mairead meeting but to have had any is a rich blessing. Each of you should have such experiences as I've had (and continue to have here in Toledo) in meeting these folks, seeing the concert live up close, and sharing it with other forum members. It simply overloads the senses and is incredibly emotional.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: