User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:56:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Stay tuned for dates on Máiréad's performances in the USA!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: There Seems To Always Be Magic In Louisville  (Read 3502 times)
mpdallen
Guardian of the fiddle realm

Integrity

« on: April 03, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

There Seems To Always Be Magic in Louisville

Don and I attended both CW Shows in Louisville.

Rachel, I know you were there as I could see your handiwork in this Show. I ask for you, but was told you were especially busy, and we all know about what you do. I hope to see you next time.

A special call out to Joanne Ryan. Joanne, it seems that ever time I come to Louisville to see this Celtic Woman Show there is always something that happens that makes this an especially important happening for me. It happened last year, and it did happen again this year, and you were the moving force that brought both events to happen. I just don`t know how I can ever repay you for making these things happen. You are priceless; and there is one other person I need to thank, and you know who that person is; and would you give that person my deepest thanks? Yes, I also know who that person is, but I will not disclose that name.

The Tuesday night Show; Don and I did not have the best seats in the house and did not have a chance of being seen by any of the performers, so we just sat back and enjoyed a very beautiful Show. It was so good, and there is no need to comment further on it other than to say all the performers made me so proud of their performance.

Wednesday night; now how do I go about describing the Wednesday night performance? It all started out innocently enough, the usual beginning with Mairead looking so beautiful, and playing and moving as only Mairead can. As each performer came and performed their songs, we noticed each performer was performing their songs without any flaws, and they were making eye contact with the audience members. Mairead found Don and I and gave us that most beautiful smile, and then the performers seemed to find us and gave us a smile of recognition.

After intermission, there seemed to be another sense of direction that had come into each performer. Up until now, this performance was flawless, and was performed with emotion by each and every performer. First, Ray gave me a hand signal of approval. Then Lynn, followed by Orla, Chloe, Mairead, and yes, Alex begin paying Don and I so much more attention. This was beginning to become unreal. Orla finished a number and as she was beginning to leave, she said HI to me and gave me a beautiful smile. When Mairead was performing near Don and me she said HI to me with her most beautiful smile. John (Starman) who was sitting on my immediate right heard Mairead and mentioned it to me. Chloe, Lynn and Alex were now giving Don and me some more beautiful smiles with that direct eye contact. What joy this is, and how can this really be happening. As each one of these performers would perform their song, to perfection I must say, and we were so into each performance by giving each performer a strong hand and voice approval. Then Alex sang The Voice ; I was already busting with emotion in the way Alex had already performed Caledonia and The Blessing and I could no longer just sit there; and as Alex finished the song I jumped to my feet and began giving Alex a standing ovation, and was immediately followed by Don and then the entire audience, and it lasted a while. One could tell that Alex was visibly moved by this reaction.

You cannot imagine what was to follow; it was as if some unseen force had taken a hold of the performers, and yes the audience too, and these performers then performed as they never have before. There were smiles, playfulness, holding of hands, deliberate playful bumping, especially Mairead and Chloe; and yes there were tears. During Sing Out Mairead came right in front of Don and me and played just to us, only inches from our face with her face. She seemed to stay there a long time, but it is never long enough, and she would come back to us. I told Mairead “I love you and Don had tears streaming down his face. I am sure I saw tears from Mairead. During this song Mairead joined in the singing, and I loved hearing Mairead sing. Now they begin to play You Raise Me UP” and I said “OH NO” as I now know it was about over. There were now more tears, and no I am not ashamed to say that some of them were mine. When this song was finished there was a loud standing applause; some more singing, Mo Ghile and Spanish Lady, and now all the performers were on stage, all facing us and all of us applauding them and all of the Performers applauding us. This went on for a while; no one wanted it to end.

Now the performers began to leave. First the musicians, the choir, and slowly these beautiful ladies reluctantly begin to leave; Lynn, Chloe, Orla, Alex and Mairead.  Orla blew me a kiss as she left the stage. Alex then blew me a kiss as she was leaving, and Alex was crying.

Just imaging how I must be feeling by now; there were tears, and yes Lisa, they were tears of joy. I am so honored to be associated with these beautiful Ladies. There is not anything that I would not do for any one of them. Yes, that too, because they are that important.

There is no way I can adequately describe them, so please forgive me if I fall short.

Lynn Hilary: Lynn, you know I have supported you from the time you joined this group, and Lynn just look at you now. I am so proud of you. You have outstanding beauty, and your singing is so beautiful, and now you are a true Celtic Woman. I do love you Lynn.

Orla Fallon; Orla, you are incomparable, and I have learned to love you so much, and what a sweet spirit you have. You sing and play so beautifully. How can you be this good.

Chloe Agnew; Chloe, as I have watched you grow into a beautiful young woman I have witnessed you and your voice mature. What a beautiful smile, and sweet spirit you have, and don`t ever change. You are still an absolute Angel.

Alex Sharp; Alex, I didn`t know you when you were selected to be a part of this group. I have now seen you perform three times, and I said from the beginning that you would fit right in. Boy, do you ever fit in.Tonight you were so outstanding. You have the voice and the singing and performing ability to do anything you want to do. Alex, you have a spirit that I love, and I do love you.

Mairead Nesbitt; Mairead, how can you possibility steal so many hearts. Everyone that has ever seen you perform and play, and do what no other person in this world can do, has to love you. I have designated you the Total Performance Person In This World, and you have the most beautiful smile. I now know you have a heart and spirit as sweet as your smile. Mairead, you do know that I love you. What a joy you are to me.

Ladies, I do not know when I will ever see you, and hear you sing and perform again in person. Just remember, you will remain in my heart and prayers always.

I love you.

Jim Allen
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:54:45 AM by mpdallen » Logged

If you promise to send me a song.........
celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »

Wow!  Sounds like you've become popular with the whole group.  Cheesy

Glad you had such a memorable night.   Smiley

Emily
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »

Oh my gosh, Jim, what a beautiful review!!!!  Shocked It was wonderful to read! I nearly had tears in my eyes! That's incredible that you and Don had so much interaction with the ladies. I'm so happy for you, and I have to admit, I am a bit envious hehe.  Grin  Wink I agree completely about Máiréad. It really seems that everyone who ever sees her perform is touched by her in some way. She is a true joy to watch (as are all the ladies). She's just special, bottom line. I too am so glad to be a diehard CW fan. They are a class act, no doubt.

Thank you for the review!!
OH Yeah!!
Fiddlin Pixie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »

Hmm interesting, I've never heard a story like this before. It's almost as if they planned it during the intermission for you. Congratulations.
BTW was Julian hopping around like he normally does? He was sick when I went to see the show.

JRRACING
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 04:21:59 PM »

Ahhhh Jim, you see the ladies know what a class act you and Don are. they have come to know you over many concerts and know that your love and admiration is genuine and wholesome. I cannot imagine such a night but hope in time they will view me as they do the two of you. The blessings you have received are earned from years of service and a giving spirit. Don proved that with his generous gift for Erin too.
      Your review is wonderful and very emotional. I felt some of that myself when reading it. You wrote it in such a way that I could visualize the night and place myself there. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, impressions, and emotions about what was obviously a memorable night.  I'll be re-reading this many times I think.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 04:48:48 PM »

Wow!  Sounds like you've become popular with the whole group.  Cheesy

Glad you had such a memorable night.   Smiley

Well this is Jim all the girls love him!!!! Jim I'm glad you had such a fantastic time! We got a little bit of this at the last show it was great! hope to see you this summer.Oh I still want you to introduce me to Amy Grant!!! someday..

Dave

papagood
Mairead Fan

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »

Hey Jim. I know that you are supposed to be at work at this time so I can sneak in a comment or two. I am still on cloud nine. I have never felt such a connection with the  group before. All those smiles and blown kisses were not just for Jim, I was there also. There was no planning, the magic just happened. I am not ashamed to say I cried. Mairead really brought tears with The Last Rose and You Raise Me Up brought a flood . That has never happened before. The emotion of knowing that that was the ending of my last show for this tour probably helped. As I have said, I have never been in a quiet audience. If I am there, it isn't quiet. It is my wish that every true fan of Celtic Woman could experience the joy and magic that I have in the last year and a month. I have seen eleven concerts since March of 2007 but I have to warn the unknowing that a lot of commitment to time and money is required. I don't regret a thing because Celtic Woman has been well worth the effort. I look forward to starting all over with the next tour.
  Don
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »

Yourself and Jim may just be in the CW fan hall of fame someday Don. Yes, Mairead is so full of peace, joy, and energy, that she can't help but bring a few tears. How blessed you are to have the gift of all those concerts and meetings. Time and money could not be better spent.

mpdallen

Integrity

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 10:19:10 AM »

I would like to thank each one of you for your kind comments about my Louisville posting. Celtic_fiddler, Emily, Moscapoet, Capn Davey, and pappagood, I do appreciate ever kind comment from each and every one of you. I wrote that review from my perspective, but I want everyone to know that Don received every bit as much attention from these Ladies as I did; and especially from Mairead. These beautiful Ladies are used to seeing Don and me together, and they readily recognize us, especially Chloe, Mairead and Orla, as they have seen us together much more than Lynn and Alex has. Don has had one more Meet and Greet with Mairead than I have, and Don has met Lynn, and I have not yet had that honor. Alex and Lynn, I do so want to meet you.

When I wrote my review, I believe I may have been too conservative in telling everyone what Don and I really experience with these beautiful Ladies during this Show. There is no way to adequately describe to you all the emotion that was evident on each of these performers’ faces. This audience was so appreciative of what they were seeing and witnessing that their emotions were evident to all of these Ladies, and these Ladies responded with a Show For The Ages. Then Don and I being shown so much attention was just about overwhelming. When one sees these performers with tears from such an outpouring display of appreciation from their audience it moved some of them to tears. This is something that is so spontaneous, and to be involved to this extent is almost unbelievable.

Don, we have seen some spectacular Shows from Celtic Woman in just over one year; the Show that was so magical in Chattanooga on Monday night June 4th, 2007, the Show in West Palm Beach on Friday night October 19th, 2007, and this Show in Louisville this Wednesday night on April 2nd, 2008. I believe almost everyone knows why that Friday night in West Palm Beach was such a personal event to me. Ever Celtic Woman Show is so beautiful, but these three particular Shows will always be embedded in my memory. Life is so good, and I want to say thank you to all involved in making it so.

Beautiful ladies, and all CW members, you will always remain in my prayers.

Jim Allen
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:05:48 AM by mpdallen » Logged

Starman
Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 06:44:26 PM »

....Orla blew me a kiss as she left the stage. Alex then blew me a kiss as she was leaving, and Alex was crying.

Hey!! That Orla kiss was mine!!  Cheesy  You got one from Mairead--I saw it.   Grin  Otherwise, Jim is right on!  I thought Don and I were going to have to hold him by the feet to prevent the cast from dragging him off!  Cheesy  I don't think Mairead would have risked getting down that close to someone in the audience had she not known him.   He could have reached over and tuned the "E" string if he wanted!   Grin   

Thanks to Jim for the review and to he and Don for the many stories in between during those two concerts which led me to ask them for their autographs!!  Grin  If you're going to get up-close-and-personal with CW at these things it pays to attend with a couple of pros like these two!  Grin 

Aria
Mairead Fan

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »

This was my 4th show, the 3rd show I've been to in Louisville. It was an honor to experience it from the front row with such wonderful fans as mpdallen, papagood, and starman. I wasn't fully aware of what was going on only a few seats away at the end of the show, I was just too enthralled with the performers directly in front of me. Chloe, Lynn and I were having a great time. I so wanted to just reach out and touch them, but I certainly didn't want to startle them or alarm them so I kept my hands to myself.

I thought the performance was spectacular, but since I had never been so close, I was just mesmerized by it all. I was so happy and so astonished to be that close that there were no tears from me, except on "Carrickfergus". I was smiling like this  Grin the rest of the time.

I wish I knew what scent Máiréad was wearing. She smelled so good every time she flew by. And, up close, she literally sparkles. She must have had a lotion on that sparkles. I'm more sure than ever that she is magical.
Emily
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 08:47:19 PM »

There must be something in the water in Louisville that just makes everything and everyone magical because the reviews coming from those shows are amazing!  Shocked Seriously!

And, up close, she literally sparkles. She must have had a lotion on that sparkles. I'm more sure than ever that she is magical.

I've noticed the sparkling too. I've seen some photos of Máiréad and the others on Flickr in which it looks like they have glitter on, so they must use a lotion or something with glitter in it so that they sparkle on stage a little more! Grin

But then again, people around here would tell you it's just the pixie dust! Wink

BTW, I know you're a CWF member as well, but welcome to the Máiréad forum, Aria. Smiley
Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 09:26:48 PM »

Emily,

I don't know about glitter but the girls do ware silver eye liner that may sparkle a bit .and Starman Jim and Don are great guys. I've never met Don but Jim has some CW autographs that would make all of us jealous for sure. its great I enjoyed seeing it on march 17Th.

Oh Hi Aria,

Welcome To The Mairead Fan Forum Cheesy Shocked Small-violin

Dave
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:30:33 PM by Capn Davey » Logged

mpdallen

Integrity

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 09:51:45 PM »

Aria,
Welcome to this Mairead Forum. I hope you will come back often.

starman,
I will gladly share that Orla kiss with you, and if I neglected you during the Show I am sure you will understand why. As close as I am to Don, he gets neglected during the Show too; and I am certain that makes him happy. All of our attention is on what is going on on stage, Aria and starman, it was such a pleasure to meet you at this event, as it was also to have met anderpaw and his wife on Tuesday night. I do hope we can do this again.  Thank you Aria and starman for the comments, and getting to meet such wonderful Forum members.

Jim

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 05:35:50 PM »

Ahhh this show just keep sounding better. Jim and Don are well known by CW and have earned their respect and trust. So it is not surprising that they receive the attention they do.

Yes, of course that glitter is pixie dust! We all know that!  Roll Eyes As for Mairead's scent, my niece has wanted to know what she wears but I keep forgetting to ask.

Aria welcome to the enchanted forest! We're glad to have you here amongst the Maireadium miners. We want to make sure there is no shoratage of pixie dust in the world and all willing hands are welcome.   

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: