User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:56:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Follow us now on Facebook! :
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Rockford.....Mairead revisited  (Read 9383 times)
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2008, 07:26:51 PM »

Well, for those who have them anyway.  Cheesy. That won't work for Scott and Lisa though! When it comes to gifts though my idea is that smaller is better and a creation of your own is better. There is not much point in getting them something they could buy themselves. Moderation though. Too many gifts and they'd look like Captain Kirk when he was buried in tribbles!  Grin Grin

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Emily
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »

Well, for those who have them anyway.  Cheesy. That won't work for Scott and Lisa though! When it comes to gifts though my idea is that smaller is better and a creation of your own is better. There is not much point in getting them something they could buy themselves. Moderation though. Too many gifts and they'd look like Captain Kirk when he was buried in tribbles!  Grin Grin

I agree: smaller is better and something personal/homemade/etc. is always good. And yes, moderation for sure. When all is said and done they can't have overweight suitcases on the plane home!  Shocked I think if I ever do a M&G I'll just get a nice card for her and write something sappy and sentimental in it.  Roll Eyes Cheesy
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2008, 07:54:36 PM »

And she'll love it and make you feel very special for it. Heck, since you're a gal she migt even hug ya!  Cheesy. We non-senior citizen guys need not apply for that!  Tongue

celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »

Great review CC!!!  Sounds like an amazing experience!!   Cheesy

You'll still feel like a babbling idiot, of course, but you'll get over it.

I can only imagine!!  Cheesy Cheesy

CC
Mairead Fan

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2008, 08:47:02 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for your nice words! It was a lot of fun sharing the M&G memories with you and I'm very glad you enjoyed them.

Excuse me for just a second ........ (Note to self: Never, under any circumstances, let Skypilot get hold of your picture!)

OK, I'm back.

Well, 3/5/08 was the date of the Jacksonville concert, my very first CW show, so that's what I was referring to there as I will NEVER forget it, but I suppose it could work for Ellie too seeing as how she was born on the same day!  Cheesy Cheesy

Now I understand -- completely. There's just nothing like the memories of your first CW concert, no matter how many times you see them.  Smiley  I'm glad you got to go. Still, that's a great coincidence, isn't it?!

I'm still too shy to leave a message in the guestbook on the Máiréad Nesbitt website or the messages section on this forum, can you imagine the state of me if I went to a M & G?

"Er, hi...I'm - not that it matters - Swift...and, erm...God help me."  Cheesy

Hey -- 85% actual words! That's not bad at all. At a M&G, that will make you the articulate one.   Grin

Again in Rockford she was as warm as a freshly baked apple pie and just as wholesome. Is that cinnamon I smell?  Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy I love it!! (And I'm very worried, because I think I actually do smell that cinnamon.)

BTW, you reminded me about Orlagh. She said the same thing to me, "You looked like you were having a great time". Yes darlin', it's a CW concert, I always have a great time!

BINGO!!!  I only wish that my brain had been working at the time, so I could have told her exactly that!

Good thoughts there about the gifts. It may be that someday it will become more than they can handle and they will have to stop accepting them. Until that day, if it ever comes, we can do our part by keeping our gifts small and simple. And the personal touch of something you created is always special.

I think if I ever do a M&G I'll just get a nice card for her and write something sappy and sentimental in it.  Roll Eyes Cheesy

I have no doubt that she will love that, Emily. The other great thing about that idea is that it would give you the chance to take your time and say what you feel without the worries of going blank when you meet them.
Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »

Mike

I have spoken with most of the girls at least for 30 seconds its not that bad .you can get over your fear of making a fool out of yourself I did! it was harder to be in the same room with them for 3 1/2
hours. Cheesy Roll Eyes Small-violin

Dave

Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2008, 12:08:59 AM »

Thanks, everyone, for your nice words! It was a lot of fun sharing the M&G memories with you and I'm very glad you enjoyed them.

Excuse me for just a second ........ (Note to self: Never, under any circumstances, let Skypilot get hold of your picture!)

Don't worry CC, I won't need your picture yet...........theres still bits of Moscapoets left on the board, and Davey is up next Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

The wind blows wherever it pleases, you hear it,but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.So it is with everyone born of the Spirit
Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2008, 12:12:16 AM »

Don't worry CC, I won't need your picture yet...........theres still bits of Moscapoets left on the board, and Davey is up next Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Not to mention I have Emilys picture she posted recently.........shame to put holes in such a pretty face.............but envy is envy.......and so be it.......... Grin Grin Grin

The wind blows wherever it pleases, you hear it,but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.So it is with everyone born of the Spirit
Emily
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2008, 10:37:14 AM »

Not to mention I have Emilys picture she posted recently.........shame to put holes in such a pretty face.............but envy is envy.......and so be it.......... Grin Grin Grin
Shocked

Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »

Shocked

Ok young lady..because your so cheeky, I will paste your picture on my Voodoo Doll and give you what for............mmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhaaaaahaaaaa ROFLMAO

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2008, 09:34:30 AM »

Looks like the weather for Duluth will be even crummier than the Rockford concert. But, I'm sure the company and concert as in Rockford will warm it all up nicely.

CC
Mairead Fan

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2008, 11:22:41 AM »

Looks like the weather for Duluth will be even crummier than the Rockford concert. But, I'm sure the company and concert as in Rockford will warm it all up nicely.

Very sorry to hear about the lousy weather, Moscapoet. That's a real shame. I know, though, that you will enjoy your time with all the people you're about to meet. There's no doubt the concert will be incredible, as always, and now you have the unexpected bonus of seeing the High Kings, as well. Have a great time!

Whewww !!!!  A temporary reprieve!  Wink
Starman
Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2008, 06:12:14 PM »

Shocked

Ok young lady..because your so cheeky, I will paste your picture on my Voodoo Doll and give you what for............mmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhaaaaahaaaaa ROFLMAO

Oh no!  He has mine too!   Let's all remember to be very nice to Skypilot!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »

Shocked

Oh no!  He has mine too!   Let's all remember to be very nice to Skypilot!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yep I have that in my album of Dart board victims, however, I don't have a picture of Destiny, so I am going to stick a picture of her Violin on the dart board..............theres more than one way to skin a cat Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: