User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:55:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Rockford.....Mairead revisited  (Read 9382 times)
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« on: March 28, 2008, 12:06:47 AM »

OK, here comes another late night review. Emphasis will be on the Mairead aspects but I'll touch on the other parts too.

I arrived two days ago and have spent a fair amount of time with local forum member CC and his lovely wife.  They are a delightful couple about my age and were so kind in their carting me around. Thanks to both of them.

The three of us plus CWF member bookworm and her dad and Billy/logalogalog were at the concert representing the forum(s). We had front row seats and we were right in the center about 10-12' from the stage.

after a Chinese dinner across the street it was off to the concert. i picked up the new black t-shirt with the girls on the front and the spring concert sites on the back. I also picked up Lynn's new CD. then to the concert seats. as usual I promoted this group and especially Mairead to everyone i met this week and at the concert.

The lights dim and the smoke rises and there she is, that Angel with a fiddle. I can never get over her beauty in white. Like she stepped out of another world. The entire night was surreal. All of the ladies were very good as always. The crowd was I thought rather subdued but warmed up gradually.

Mairead was back in full form judging from her leaps and prances. She recieved standing ovations from us and many others for many of her pieces. I'm not sure how many as I didn't look back. She was hooting and yelping most of the night and having a great time.

The concert was over all too soon and then it was off to the meet & greet. Who would it be? I had photos to have personalized by both Orla and Mairead so prayed it would be them. Prayer answered, it was indeed Orla and Mairead! Wow!!! I had brought framed poems that had been done up lovely with photos/graphics by our own Celtic_Fiddler. I gave Orla one entitled "Rachel o'Connell's harp", Joanne one for Scott & Lisa entitled "Child of Kelly', and one for Mairead entitled "Fiddlers of Tipperary". They were all well recieved. I also gave Joanne a Ruby pendant from my inventory, and Rachel a pair of Clear cubic zirconia earrings. Mairead also wound up with one of the Maireadium bumper stickers/placards.

On forum business I asked if all was good with the forum for her and she said yes and that her site master was very impressed with us. I asked how her back was and she said it was pretty much recovered and she thanked all for their prayers. The stunned feeling wasn't there this time and it felt less overwhelming. Both Mairead and Orla were delightful and we parted company all too soon. Weather had been crummy today and I'm sure they were focused on getting down the road to St. Louis.

The front row was great and all went off without a hitch. the meet & greet was a great blessing to have met our fiddler again. CC's wife got a hug so she gave me one later to transfer some of the pixie dust. Another great time and we'll see if it brings any inspirations. Next stop, Duluth April 8th, another front row with meet & greet. A third meeting? God willing.       

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 02:37:56 AM »

WOW Scott,

I'm Glad you had a Great Time!!! I'm very happy Mairead is doing much better! somehow I knew you would meet her again last night don't ask me how I know this Its a feeling I had .like a lot thing's that have happened over the past 6 months.I'm happy you met Orla she is very nice I did speak to her briefly last Halloween. I'm not sure if I will see any more shows this tour I would like to but ill have to see if I can work things out so it can happen.Scott I'm very happy about the nice things she said about what we all are doing. like the nice things Rachel said to us after the show last Thursday night. and what i have heard many times from Amy! if I had a chance to relive the past year I wouldn't change a thing. also I'm glad you met CC, Billy and other forum members as well got to go time to drive up I95.

Dave

MrPeabody
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Albuquerque 2009. Forever on my mind.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 06:29:45 AM »

It's so great that you got to meet Máiréad again; clearly someone upstairs wants to reward you for your efforts here.  I'm relieved to hear that she is healthy again and I hope she stays that way.  It's been almost a week since I saw them last and it's great to read others' reviews.  I'm planning a DVD marathon on the big screen this weekend but it won't be the same.  I can't wait for August.  Why does time go so slowly when you want it to go quickly, and go so quickly when you want it to slow down?

Mike

Artist1
A Sprite so Complete

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:48:08 AM »

I just can't take it anymore Scott did either say anything about the portraits, sorry I'm just so jealous you got to see both Mairead and Orlagh, I hope Mairead has gotten a look at her new painting.

celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 08:58:01 AM »

That's wonderful!!!!!  I'm so glad you got to meet Mairead again and Orlagh too!  Grin  Sounds like another amazing evening and memories to last a lifetime.  Smiley Small-violin

Emily
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 10:39:43 AM »

I just KNEW you'd meet Máiréad again..I could just feel it! CONGRATS!!!!! So glad that you could speak with her again, and Orla too!!! It sounds like it was amazing and the ladies sure did get a lot of great stuff from you, hehe!

Such a great review!! Máiréad is clearly the coolest person ever.  Grin Grin Grin
Swift
Maireadium miner

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 10:43:27 AM »

Fancy sharing any of that freakish good luck with the rest of us? Seriously mate, so glad you got to chat with Máiréad again, and that she's feeling better. Personally, I don't know how you do it, I've met some very talented people and kept it together but I'm STILL too shy to sign her guestbook or leave a post in the "messages" section here! Two strikes so far, you're on a perfect game ...

They DID get a lot of stuff by the sounds of it - every M & G must feel like Christmas morning to them!

"Halling is fun. You look a little bit like an idiot, but kick the hat off the stick and girls like you. Norway is da bomb my friend." -- Dodraugen, August 2009
Scott
Guardian of the fiddle realm

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »

Great review, and congrats on meeting Mairead again.... she is a lot of fun, in person.  Smiley

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 02:08:59 PM »

Thank you all! It was indeed a great night and I feel so blessed to have met Mairead again. She seemed to like her gifts as did the others. Joanne commented that today must be her lucky day because CC gave her a gift too in the form of a box of girl scout thin mint cookies. You can only get that in the U.S..
    On a follow up, I'm operating on zero sleep after postng last night. My bus from Rockford to O'Hare left at 0330 and so just cat naps on the bus and flights. I found that my scheduled flight was delayed two hours and I would misconnect in Houston and have a 12 hour layover. The ticket agent put me on standby for a flight leaving in half an hour. I had been cleared by the time I reached the gate. The nice folks at Continental put me in first class! It felt like the old days when I was in the industry. I actually worked for Continental at LAX from 1985-7. I even hooked up with the earlier flight to Albuquerque.
    So, I bowled well (will cash in singles and doubles averaging 205), Had a great concert, met some great forum folks, met Mairead again at the meet & greet, and had good travel experiences. Grand slam out of the ballpark!
     Thank you all again for your prayers and support. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:08:24 PM by Moscapoet » Logged

Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »

Scott
I know how you feel after Wilkes Barre I got 2 hours sleep the long ride home was great. it only took a little over 2 hours to get home 197 miles not bad.but like you I began to post at 2 am while things were still fresh in my mind.I even went to work the next day that was not fun! have a safe trip home,

Dave

Starman
Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 05:42:20 PM »

Hopefully, Scott, you will have had some rest by the time you read this. We appreciate ever so much your prompt posting to those of us waiting on the edge of our seats for your news!  We know without a doubt that we were well-represented by you and those with you.  Now if we can just convince Mairead that we are all as nice as you....... Wink

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »

Starman, she looks in as do her people and they know that everyone here is nice. I'm convinced that anyone from the enchanted forest could represent us equally well. She needs no convincing if she reads what you and others post and she does. The only thing I want to do is earn her trust enough that she'll feel comfortable posting links to us in her website, mention us in her newsletter, and perhaps post every now and then when she has the time. Those things would be rewards to all here for their sincere and caring efforts. I'm glad that folks look forward to anything I write and thank you for your kindness.

mpdallen
Guardian of the fiddle realm

Integrity

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »

Moscapote,
The luck of the Irish is surely with you in seeing these beautiful Ladies in the Show, meeting Orla and Mairead again at the meet and Greet, and then in your travel connections, getting to go first class. It couldn`t happen to anyone more deserving.

Scott, I am so happy for you that you got to meet Mairead again. I got to meet Orla and Mairead again in Nashville and they were the Ladies I so wanted to be at that Meet and Greet. They are everything you would want them to be.

I know from knowing about you that all of those Ladies, yes Rachel and Joanne too, were surprised with your gifts. Orla, Mairead, Rachel and Joanne all deserve anything we can do for them, for in their own special way, they do so much for us.

Scott, keep these welcome reports coming; and with the great job everyone here is doing in keeping this forum something Mairead, and all can be proud of, that will make all of us happy.

Jim

If you promise to send me a song.........
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

Without music, life would be a mistake

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »

Great review Scott, and you are so lucky to have met Mairead again. I do hope that she shows in Duluth so that I may have a chance to meet her in all her wonderful glory.

Hope you are all rested up for the trip to Duluth in 2 weeks. See you there.

Destiny

10-11-10 ~ 4,000 reasons to love Máiréad
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »

Thank you both. Yes, meeting Mairead once let alone twice just energizes me and spurs more creative efforts. All it takes is one look from thsoe amazing green eyes and a flash of her beautiful smile. Odo's bucket is always nearby. I'm very excited about Duluth and will be bringing more goodies for forum members and the ladies. I won't have come down from Rockford yet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: