User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
It's here! The Máiréad Nesbitt line of violins!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Wilkes Barre PA Show + Review  (Read 7188 times)
Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« on: March 19, 2008, 09:34:15 AM »

Updated post 3/22/08

OK the show is tomorrow night but I started this thread before we left town.I will be on tonight from my new I book laptop. A Great Time will be had by all..
We arrived In Wilkes Barre around 2:30 wendsday afternoon we checked in to the hotel
after having dinner. I went to the WallMart for a tote for the Gift. when I returned I saw a lady I thought looked like Mel Wood I spoke to her it was Mel Finlay I get to meet the famous Mel who's reviews of the Christmas show on Lisa's forum had me riveted. We talked to Mel for a few hours exchanging story's and she has good ones to.

This trip to PA didn't bring the things I wanted only a misssing Canadian songbird was my disappointment!!!!! This Show would become a very important one for me!! it would bring me to find the one special thing I wanted for 5 months. I'm very happy about this! The seats in section 106 were better than Baltimore but something happened mid show that changed our seats for the better. The show started like always with Mairead I had a great view much better than Baltimore.

One observation Chloe gigled after several songs this was cute!!! During the intermission we went down on the floor to find Mel, Wickie and other forum members after meeting Wickie and Mel again we got a well lets say the view for the second half was fantastic. I made a gesture to Ray He started laughing while playing his drums this happened also during Shenandoah.we also got several looks from Chloe and at least one smile from Mairead. I wish Amy was there i could have had a lot of fun with her!!

The Gift!!! Chocolate like we do many times this was not different but this time Scott sent a bunch of Chocolate Fiddles to Mairead. I hope she likes them she got to see one at the Meet and Greet. a couple I met at the hotel went to it we gave them one to show her what she was getting.
Last time I sent white Chocolate pianos with removable lids to Amy!! I thought she would like them.
Guess what she did!!!(note all the Chocolate sent this time Scott made special) like the pianos he made for me.

The Show!!
I will not do a song by song review others do that much better than me. Ill make a few observations on the show from my stand point.
Chloe 
As she gets older her range improves like it needs to but I'm blown away by her. everytime I see her perform she's great and the giggles after a few song are very cute!!

Máiréad
What can I say that hasn't been said already besides Lisa she's the star of the show no question in my mind.I don't know how she does what she does Mairedium or pixie dust maybe but she's increadable I wish I could do something a good as Mairead does!!!

Alex
We may have all been a l bit hard on her we have great expactions for her! she does a great job and its hard not to like her she has large shoe's to fill and deserves our respect.

Lynn
Has finally come into her own and I very happy to see this I know how much she looks up to Meav. Lynn now makes these songs her own this is great!! you go Girl

Orla
Well when Orla sings my heart melts seeing her new harp up close its so beautiful

Lisa
We all miss you and hope you and Ellie are doing fine and we can't wait until you return.

After the show something wonderful happened!!!

After the show Rachel found us Scott drooped his FRS ht in the gift ops not again LOL(side bar Jim they did see the WPB photo's ) Rachel thanked us for everything we are doing!! and not just here and the Amy Rivard forum but for everything!! and like we said before they can and do read the post here and on the other forum's as well! a few of you know more details that I will not post but to here these things myself this time after Birmingham almost made me cry.( not a stretch since I cry ed thru most of the show like Reading this was very special even thought Amy or Lisa was not there! that part makes me sad but WOW what a night!!!!
more later.

and its all great

Dave
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:20:59 PM by Capn Davey » Logged

celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »

Anticipating the review............. Cheesy

Have a great time!!  Small-violin

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:11:16 PM »

I have no doubt it will be two days to remember. Enjoy!

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Capn Davey
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »

Here we are down town wilkes barre pa more later

JimM.
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:57:30 AM »

I hope you all have a GREAT time tonight!
Emily
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 12:45:49 PM »

Tonight's the night, guys!!!!! I hope you're all prepared.  Grin
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »

Have fun tonight and let Mairead know she has forum folks there for her!! Lots of standing O's!!!

Emily
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »

...and don't forget, we'll be expecting LONG REVIEWS immediately after you return! No dawdling!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »

The guys phoned me about 15 minutes prior to concert start and said that the arena is better than most for seating. Normally arenas aren't great venues for CW but they said they were about 100' closer than they were in Baltimore. Should be an interesting review.

Scott-n3sjh
Administrator
A Sprite so Complete

If you do it, it will happen... And it did!

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 10:01:26 AM »

Have to head back to work Sad... Will write as soon as we can.  Smiley

I can tell every one this much before i go. Do not think for a second that The staff and talent of CW does not look in on these forums.

They can and they do!!!! Shocked

We didn't have a meet and greet with the girls but did with someone just as important if not more.

Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead.

But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternit
Swift
Maireadium miner

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 11:32:15 AM »

Argh, you had to leave us hanging...

Who could it have been ... someone on the production team? Or perhaps even David Downes? Eep. I'm willing to take bets before Scott gets home from work  Wink

"Halling is fun. You look a little bit like an idiot, but kick the hat off the stick and girls like you. Norway is da bomb my friend." -- Dodraugen, August 2009
celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 12:06:51 PM »

Can't wait to hear all about it!!  Grin

Emily
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »

Exciting!!!!! Between the CWF and here, there are gonna be some wildly amazing reviews coming up soon, I just know it! Cannot wait to hear about everything!!!  Grin
Capn Davey
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »

Hi Read the modified post at the top of this thread I didn't get much sleep last night so Ill post most of it today

Dave
Cheesy Shocked

celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »

I'm sorry your Canadian songbird wasn't there.  Sad  But I'm glad you were still able to enjoy the concert from good seats!

After the show something wonderful happened!!! more tonight

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: