User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:55:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Nashville Celtic Woman Show  (Read 1826 times)
mpdallen
Guardian of the fiddle realm

Integrity

« on: February 28, 2008, 06:03:10 AM »

I have spent the last two days with my friend Don (pappagood); and celebrating Ann and my 53rd wedding anniversary on the 27Th, and seeing the Celtic Woman Show on that same date. Since I have missed working two days of my biggest show of the year, I will be working long hours the next four days of that show, so I will not have time for a Show review until after that is over. Just let me for now thank each Show member for all your special attention. Mairead and Orla, what joy you brought to me at the Meet and Greet. There is so much to say about this meeting, but will have to wait a few days. I will just say, I am now so happy.

Rachel, I want to thank you and Joanne for another outstanding job, and you exceed all expectations.

Now, during these next days people will wonder why there is a smile on my face. It is because of Mairead, Orla, and every one of the performers of this Celtic woman Show. I enjoyed every eye contact and smile you gave me. Thank you.

It was great to meet some forum members here.

Jim

If you promise to send me a song.........
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »

We'll look forward to your review Jim. Stay safe out there. What a dream team at the meet & greet. Don't let it distract you. These folks have such a way of making their audiences, fans, and friends, feel so special.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
JByrd
Mairead Fan

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 08:46:46 AM »

I'm glad you and Pappagood had a wonderful time.....kudos on the anniversary!!!  Smiley

John
mpdallen
Guardian of the fiddle realm

Integrity

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »

This is late, as I have been busy, so I will make this brief.

In my opinion, the Sommet Center is too big a venue for a beautiful Show like this to be enjoyed by true Celtic Woman fans. It has other featured that are not favorable for this Show.

I will just give a few brief observations about the performers.

Alex Sharp. As I knew you would, you easily became a part of this Show; performing each song in your own beautiful style, and your voice is so beautiful, as it matches you good looks. You are so much more beautiful in person than your pictures portray you to be. I was a fan of yours from the beginning. I saw the several looks and smiles you gave me. Thank you.

Chloe. As you mature your looks just become more beautiful, and your voice becomes so much richer and beautiful. What a sweet spirit you have; and thanks for the many smiles of recognition. You know you have always had a special place in my heart.

Lynn. Oh how far you have come since I saw you in West Palm Beach in October. As I told you then, you are a beautiful lady with a beautiful voice. That was always a given; and I told you then you were where you should be, in the learning curve, that everything would come with performing. Lynn, that time has come, as you are now a full fledged Celtic Woman. WOW!  What a performance from you. Yes, I did see those beautiful smiles you sent my way. I am so proud of you.

Orla. Everyone knows all about your beautiful singing and playing, and what a precious Lady you are. Yes, I did meet you in West Palm Beach, but when I met you at the Meet and Greet I was astonished at just how exceedingly beautiful you are. That just blew me away. You were amazed when you saw the picture of you that I had for you to sign. It is the most beautiful picture of you I have ever seen; and now I have it with your signature. That is so priceless. Thank you Orla.

Mairead. There is just not enough room here to describe you, and all that you do, and what you mean to me. Thank you again for the special attention you gave Don and me. You have such a wide range of movement on stage, and that allowed you to give us so much of your attention. Thank you. This is Nashville, and I got to meet you here again at this Meet and Greet. What a joy that was, and you were also amazed at the beautiful picture I had of you for you to autograph. Thank you and you know I will always treasure it. I will not relate what else happened at this Meet and Greet with you, as I do not want to get something started; and I do not believe that Rachel would approve.

Una and Catrina, thank you for your smiles of recognition, after you got to my side of the stage.

Amy, I though you would never get to my side of the stage; but we sure made up for that when you did get there. All the smiles and hand signals, sort of like a mini West Palm Beach, and then as you were leaving the stage you blew me a kiss. That made up for everything. Thank you.

Lisa, just remember; everything I have ever told you is still true. That does not change.

Jim

If you promise to send me a song.........
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 03:17:27 PM »

Thank you Jim. It is obvious that each of these ladies has touched your heart in their own particular way. We have much in common with that. It is also clear that you have tremendous respect for them as artists, as individuals, and as friends. Thanks for your lovely summary. I hope you get many more of them to share with us.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

Glad you enjoyed the concert!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: