User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Check out  https://www.rocktopia.com/ for spring tour dates!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Greensboro Review...Nothing Could Be Finer..........  (Read 1619 times)
JByrd
Mairead Fan

« on: February 27, 2008, 09:33:16 AM »

......than CW in Carolina in the Evening!!!!!

Wow!!!! 3 CW concerts in the 5 days. I'm starting to get too old for this.....I don't think I could have made it without Celtic_Fiddler's Pixie Dust!   Grin

As usual.....our favorite Pixie was on fire, but unlike Augusta, this was a CW crowd and it didn't need to be awakened from a deep sleep.

Tonight I was Front-Row-Dead-Center......pole position.....best seat in the house!  You know?  The platform CW puts up on stage that comes to a point?........well I was sitting 12 feet from that point.....so when Mairead runs out to center stage she's looking right at me......Wow!!!!

And no....I didn't drool on Lynn's shoes!  Grin  I was close enough, but my wife was on my left and hannalmatt was on my right so they kept holding me back!  Cheesy  I couldn't do anything that resembled being "rowdy."  Angry

The Meet-n-Greet was with Chloe and Alex.  After Birmingham, I figured it would be 2 CWs among Chloe, Alex, and Orla, because after Lynn and Mairead in B'ham, i'm not sure there were any MnGs in Augusta or Pensacola, so a combination that included Maired or Lynn was improbable. 

I was hoping that Alex would be one of the MnGs because this may be the only opportunity I would ever have to actually meet her, and she was stunning in person.  As you would expect from a Celtic Woman, she was absolutely "on top" of her "personality game."

Orla was absolutely on top of her game, too.....in the 15 CW concerts I have attended, I have yet to see her when she was not having a great time.  I guess she gets to inhale a lot of Maireadium!  Smiley  Wish you could have been there, artist1.

Lynn confirmed what we learned in Birmingham and Augusta....she's operating on a whole new level.

But the really neat thing that happened was a "Moscapoet Moment," almost like what happend with him in Birmingham.  Hannahlmatt did not have MnG tickets so she asked me to get autographs for her.

When I gave the photo to Chloe and asked her to sign it for Hannah...she remembered Hannah sitting on the front row...it generated the same kind of excitement Moscapoet had in Birmingham!!!

Check out hannahlmatt's follow-up post in the G'boro review over on the CW Forum.  She tells the story, and you'll see what I'm talking about! Smiley

Meantime....I gotta' get some work done now....you guys are the best, and I'm envious of any of you who still have concerts to attend on this tour!

Later, JB

John
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 02:29:41 PM »

Thank you for that fun review JByrd! I'm so glad you had that great seat! I'm glad you met Alex too because we forum folks need to let her know just how marvelous she is. I'll be sure to get you an autographed photo of Lynn if she is at any of the meet & greets in my concert schedule for this tour. Three concerts in five days should energize you for awhile but we'll be sure you get plenty of reviews to stoke your fires for the remainder of the tour. Thanks again.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »

Wow!!!! 3 CW concerts in the 5 days. I'm starting to get too old for this.....I don't think I could have made it without Celtic_Fiddler's Pixie Dust!   Grin

I keep a stash near the computer in case of emergencies.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Glad you had such a wonderful time!!!  Sounds like you really did have the best seat in the house!!  Grin Grin

Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »

John

Great review I'm so glad you had fun!!! I have a little more than a week to go before Baltimore! I can't wait...

Dave

Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:00:49 AM »

"Greensboro" is that Dan'l Boone country Huh?

The wind blows wherever it pleases, you hear it,but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.So it is with everyone born of the Spirit
JByrd
Mairead Fan

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »

"Greensboro" is that Dan'l Boone country Huh?

I think he hiked through there one time!   Grin Grin

John
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: