User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:54:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Check out  https://www.rocktopia.com/ for spring tour dates!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 9903 times)
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

Without music, life would be a mistake

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 04:46:21 PM »

Congrats, Scott on meeting Mairead.  I am sooooo jealous... lets hope she makes an appearance in Duluth as well so you can meet her again and I can meet her for the first time.  

am also glad to hear that she has seen the forum and likes the the fine work that we all have done.  Lets all keep up the amazing work to make her proud.

Good luck and safe trip home... see you in April.

Destiny

10-11-10 ~ 4,000 reasons to love Máiréad
Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »

OMG! Shocked
"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead.

After this: Chocolate for all the forum members, Ill start the factory tonight! Well maybe not tonight...

Moscapoet: You are the best!!! Mission accomplished!

Scott
I'm going to hold you to this one!!!! LOL

Dave

Fiddle_Addict
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Mens sana in corpore sano.

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008, 05:30:28 PM »

Yay for you, Mosca! Cheesy
I'm happy that your wish became true, it must have been really cool Smiley
And I think I need to envy you Wink

I would really like to play the Glass Bead Game
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2008, 05:35:16 PM »

Wow! First let me say welcome to the enchanted forest Emily and papagood! More Maireadium miners are always welcome. We're glad to have you here. OK, to some of the questions you all had. There was specualtion that APT had such a great response to their pledge drive that they just could not say no to offering more M & G tickets. Plus it is a fund raising mechanism for them. I'm sure that is not the usual, but I'd have stood there melting for hours to experience what I did. Yes, the fiddle she plays is indeed her "baby". It is a part of her that she knows as well as her own hands. No there were no pictures allowed. That practice changed on last spring's tour. She did autograph the booklet from her CD and my songbook, as well as two photos for PDM1114 that I brought since he did not have the M & G. The chocolate fiddles did not melt but I nearly did  Roll Eyes.
      Here are some other details of my meeting with She who has my heart. I mentioned the Maireadium bumper stickers and Rachel said "What?" Mairead looked at her and said "Remember, I showed them to you?" And Rachel said "Oh, those are great". I also said we were working on a Mairead calendar to submit to CW and both just beamed, whereby Mairead again said thank you. She said that a lot. She was so grateful for the tiniest gesture. This has not gone to her head folks! When I gave her the chocolate fiddles I said "These are from your forum, and I wanted to let you know how much we all love, admire, and respect you". She beamed and said "Those are great, thank you so much". She also Asked "You've been communicating with ______________ (One of her people that runs her site) and I said that we had. She said "Thank you so much for doing that".  As I began to part I told her that she had inspired so many poems in me, and she said "I've read your poems Scott, and they are beautiful". Now where was Odo's bucket? I said thank you then bent over and kissed her hand. How lovely and gracious for her to allow me to do that.
         Folks there is no guarentee that she will ever post here. She is incredibly busy and her time to herself is no doubt very precious. Whether we ever become "official" and linked to her site is unknown and entirely up to her. Right now she is on tour and that should be her focus. But know this, she and her people are watching. It is up to us to earn her and their trust. To do that we must maintain the quality and professionalism of this forum. We have made a great start here and she has been very gracious in allowing it to continue. One last comment from her that comes to mind. I told her that I knew forums were a bit uncomfortable for her, and her reply was "Yes, but this one's different". I don't feel uneasy about sharing all of this as it was all said in front of others in a public setting. You are in a forum in the name of a person who is easily worthy of your highest praise and respect. For those who have not met her yet, when you do you will treasure it forever even if you aren't like me and madly in love with her. Thank you to Scott and Dave for placing me in this position, and thanks to all of you who make this forest the enchanted place that it is. Fiddle on M'lady, fiddle on.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 06:14:24 PM by Moscapoet » Logged

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
mpdallen
Guardian of the fiddle realm

Integrity

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2008, 05:45:02 PM »

Moscapoet,
I am so happy for you; and the great news that Mairead loves this, the Mairead Fan Forum. She is such a joy, and so beautiful, and as I have stated before on other forums; Mairead Nesbitt is "The Total Performance Person In This World, and there is not a more beautiful smile anywhere to be found.

Mairead, beautiful Lady, I hope I get to meet you in Nashville this coming Wednesday.

Love you,

Jim

If you promise to send me a song.........
celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2008, 08:17:50 PM »

Here are some other details of my meeting with She who has my heart. I mentioned the Maireadium bumper stickers and Rachel said "What?" Mairead looked at her and said "Remember, I showed them to you?" And Rachel said "Oh, those are great".

***Squeal**** Grin Grin Grin

One last comment from her that comes to mind. I told her that I knew forums were a bit uncomfortable for her, and her reply was "Yes, but this one's different".

***Double Squeal**** Grin Grin Grin

JByrd
Mairead Fan

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2008, 11:51:35 PM »

I gotta' tell all of you......when I heard Mairead was one of the M-n-Gs, I had to wait around outside for Moscapoet to come out.

Gas to Birmingham = Sixty bucks

Contribution to Ala Public TV for tickets = $175

Look on Moscapoet's face as he left the M-n-G = Priceless

I'm very happy for you, my friend. Smiley

John
celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2008, 11:55:50 PM »

LOL, JByrd!!  Grin Grin

After reading his reviews at the CW forum, I think he's still on cloud 9!!  Cheesy

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2008, 12:30:26 AM »

Thank you JByrd. I wish I hadn't overdosed on Maireadium or I'd have thought enough to get you Lynn's autograph. If she is at another one where I'm attending i promise I will next time. I'm sure I looked like Moses after he had come away from the burning bush. I'm surprised my hair wasn't white! Yes fiddler, cloud nine is somewhat below mine right now. It appears Maireadium is an extremely light element. I'll have to remember that as I'm working on the CW periodic table.

celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2008, 12:34:53 AM »

I'm sure I looked like Moses after he had come away from the burning bush.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  LOL!!!

Now that would have been something to see!  Cheesy

Phillip
Sr Fiddler

Is fearr dhá theanga ná ceann amháin…

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2008, 01:12:40 AM »

Scott, if we could have had a geiger counter with us it would have broken.  You looked stunned when you came out of the M&G you were really 'Walking In The Air' I am glad I was there to see it.  Thank you again for getting me Máiréad's autograph.  My wife and I enjoyed meeting you and the other members and dinner was great. I hope to someday meet you all again.  Thank you.    Thank you too JBYRD, it was very nice to have met you. You too ARTIST1, NJ, and I am sorry I forgot the name of the other couple that was there (My mind is going I think).  Maybe someday I can meet Máiréad also, I was up there in spirit though.

Máiréad, if you read this Thank you for the wonderful performance! I am still in awe at your talent and your beauty. Please be careful when you leap around, do not hurt yourself. You are in my prayers, take care and I hope to see you again soon.   Thank you for signing the photos Scott brought to you, I will treasure them always.
   Phillip
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:33:14 PM by PDM1114 » Logged

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2008, 01:26:22 AM »

Phillip it was great to meet you too. Thanks for the ride back to the hotel. If you'd like I can add your wife to my prayer list regarding her knees. I'm so glad for you too that Mairead was at the meet & greet. Enjoy those signed photos. they really are lovely.

Phillip
Sr Fiddler

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2008, 01:43:22 AM »

Thank you. Yes, I know she would like to be added to your prayer list, we all need prayer.

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »

Then consider it done. I'll put it in the prayer listing thread over in the CW forum too. The more prayers the better.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 01:34:56 PM by Moscapoet » Logged

Artist1
A Sprite so Complete

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »

Yes Scott you had a dazed look about you but not comfused, I was a little worried you would drop and yes that look was priceless, I just hope to get to meet dear Orlagh someday but not this spring I have plans for my daughters wedding and cann't afford any more concerts, she would get married, kind of thoughtless of her when the girls are here, just kidding, I love my daughter.
 I just loved meeting Mairead and Lynn though and yes I forgot to say all I wanted to say to them both, all I could talk about is how I couldn't get the portrait to her because I never got to rachel earlier and I promised her I would get it to her in Pensacola, which I did, she kept thanking me and shaking my hand and it was like a jolt of Maireadium shot through my body and I couldn't think, all I know is I said something flattering, I was also stunned by Mairead and Lynn beauty up close so I really ended up dazed and confused.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: