User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:56:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Follow us now on Facebook! :
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 9906 times)
celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 01:26:44 AM »

Quick question:  How long were you in the bucket before you could speak?  Cheesy Cheesy

Scott
Guardian of the fiddle realm

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 01:33:21 AM »

Congratulations on meeting Mairead. Smiley   She's an absolute gem.  It makes me wish I had another M&G for this year's tour....

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 01:39:34 AM »

Quick question:  How long were you in the bucket before you could speak?  Cheesy Cheesy
The meet & greet room was so warm and humid I was sweating profusely. I think I ran out of fluid before I got to the table!  Roll Eyes. I really thought I would need Odo's bucket and a mop for that matter! Praise God I didn't drip all over Mairead! I'm used to 20% humidity since I live in the mountains.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 04:56:58 PM by Moscapoet » Logged

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 01:40:47 AM »

How long did you get to stay?  Does everybody just take turns talking to the girls?

Scott-n3sjh
Administrator
A Sprite so Complete

If you do it, it will happen... And it did!

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 01:50:53 AM »

OMG! Shocked
"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead.

After this: Chocolate for all the forum members, Ill start the factory tonight! Well maybe not tonight...

Moscapoet: You are the best!!! Mission accomplished!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:14:49 AM by Scott-n3sjh » Logged

Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead.

But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternit
Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 02:08:48 AM »

Hey Mosca.........God delivers again................a bloke slips out to paint the Laundry door,and presto instant prayer request accomplished.........good onya mate, don't come down till the Pixie dust fades.......thanks for delivering the chocolates on our behalf...........but hey couldn't we have had just one before you gave them to her.......... Roll Eyes

The wind blows wherever it pleases, you hear it,but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.So it is with everyone born of the Spirit
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 02:51:46 AM »

Thank you all for your well wishes. There were probably 100 people at the meet and greet and it took a long time for them to get through the line single file with the two ladies seated at the table. I spent probably five minutes talking with her and she was just beaming the whole time. We have something very special here and she made that clear. All of you are to be commended for making this a place that is respectful of her, her privacy, and her talent. Mairead this place is for you. May it bring you all the honor and praise that you so richly deserve.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Skypilot
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Zebra's tell no lies

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 03:52:24 AM »

yeah yeah yeah!!!!.....but did you get a picture of yourself and her , something you can blow up and stick on the bedroom wall

The wind blows wherever it pleases, you hear it,but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.So it is with everyone born of the Spirit
Starman
Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 11:08:30 AM »

Congratulations Moscapoet!  We could not have had a better representative of the forum!  As the days go by and you remember further details you haven't mentioned, be sure and post them, as we never tire of hearing them.  It's also sure to be a draw to new forum members!   Grin

Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 11:20:03 AM »

Scott
I  didn't see this post this morning when I lodged on this is Great!!
its the best news I've heard! I'm so very happy! good to see you
got to meet her I know you've wanted to do that for a long time.
someone broke the window out of my other car last night I'm not
even mad about it that's how happy I am.
have a safe trip home

Dave

« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:22:16 AM by Capn Davey » Logged

Emily
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 11:43:15 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wowowowowow!! That is absolutely GLORIOUS that you got to meet her. How amazing is that!?!? Congratulations and thanks for writing all of the details! It was really fun to read, my heart practically skipped a beat.  Grin
celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 11:52:17 AM »

That's a lot of people for a m&g!  I thought they were smaller where you can spend some real time with the girls.  Not all day of course but maybe an hour?  I'm really glad you got to meet her, but I do wish you'd had more time.  Grin Grin

Emily
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »

That's a lot of people for a m&g!  I thought they were smaller where you can spend some real time with the girls.

Yeah! I was kind of surprised at the amount of people too. I thought M&G's were generally a lot smaller. Maybe it depends on the city, etc? Hm. Interesting.

Still cool though.  Cool
Craig
Guardian of the fiddle realm

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 01:47:51 PM »

Scott, Alright man high five!! Smiley On meeting Mairead and Lynn. Wow Mariead looks ats the fourm you and CapnDavey made. Woo hooo Smiley Where were you sitting at the show?  Violin shapw chocolates(vitamins) Wink, now that is nice gift and didn't melt while you were there at the show?  I am happy for you that you get to go to few shows and M&G's.

Craig
papagood
Mairead Fan

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »

Hi Moscapoet,
 I enjoyed the get together before the concert last night and yes the green room should have been called the red room but I will stand in heat like that anytime to meet Mairead. I don't know how she does it but she gets more beautiful each time I see her. I wanted to see Orla and Mairead but I guess I didn't wish hard enough. Lynn was a pleasure to meet though and I treasure the chance I had to speak with her. I still have another chance next Wednesday.
  I had some questions I wanted to ask Mairead but didn't have time. I wish I could have an hour just to talk with her but then doesn't everyone? Maybe some one here can answer them. When Mairead plays, many times she leans her bow so far over that it almost touches the fiddle strings. I intended to ask her if this had a purpose or was just a Maireadism?  Also, is the violin/fiddle she plays on stage the one she calls her baby in the CW website interviews?
 Don
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: