User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:56:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 9905 times)
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« on: February 20, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »

OK Maireadium miners I'm here in lovely Birmingham. The flights were uneventful and on time (thank you Southwest), and the weather cloudy but in the sixties. The weather is expected to be rainy for the next three days here so a bit of a soggy welcome to the ladies. They need to get out of Tulsa tonight before the predicted ice storm hits. They won't have to go too far south though to just get rain. We're all set with dinner reservations for eleven forum members and family the night of the concert. My gifts for Mairead are here and I also have some things for the forum members for dinner. I'll check in tomorrow a couple times to see what is going on here then again Friday. The concert ends after the business center at the hotel closes so the initial news and the review will have to come Saturday night upon my return to Albuquerque. For now, your ambassador from the enchanted forest representing you Maireadium miners is here in the south. I haven't seen sixty degree weather since October so it feels nice. Sure is a lot of oxygen down here compared to my 7600'! 

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 11:20:46 PM »

Are you just so excited you could burst?   Grin

If you get to meet Mairead, and after you manage to get yourself out of the bucket (LOL) , don't forget to tell her how much we all love her!!  Grin Grin

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:28:39 PM »

Trust me fiddler, I'm here not only representing myself, and yes I brought Odo's bucket, but representing all of you from Mairead's fan forum. The gifts I intend to give her will be from all of us. Much as I would like to I cannot be selfish about this. Yes, I'm as excited as can be but also very anxious for her safety with the weather reports. Everyone here should pray for their safe travels. I always do but will kick it up a notch. I lived in the great plains and know how dangerous ice and freezing rain/drizzle can be. They may get here a bit early but that is better than risking things in any delay departing Tulsa. BTW fiddler, I just noticed something, "keeper of the purple fiddle"? How cool is that!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:40:29 PM by Moscapoet » Logged

celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 11:33:11 PM »

Yeah, I noticed I could add a custom title for myself.  What else would I be?  Cheesy

Now if only you can run into the girls like Dave managed to that Halloween.......... Grin

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:42:30 PM »

It is pure chance to have such a thing happen but with four concerts there is always that possibility. I just feel blessed to have met Amy at the airport in Chicago and establish a connection with her.

celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:48:30 PM »

How many of those concerts are M&G's?  You might need more than one bucket.  Cheesy

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »

Three of the four are M & G with the fourth still possible. The guys are hoping a hit the jackpot and get three cherries and not three lemons. Although meeting any of them will be a great pleasure. I'm going to try to touch base with Joanne and Rachel for the future concerts so I know how to get them gifts.

celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:59:34 AM »

Wow, three should give you a good chance!  You're going to have so much fun!!!  Grin Grin

Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 04:40:51 PM »

Scott
Just checking in I also responded on the Amy Rivard Forum.
I hope all is going well keep us posted if you see Amy tell her
I said hello. check back with you later!! have fun!
Ps I'm now a sprite! that's good timing
Dave
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:42:34 PM by Capn Davey » Logged

JByrd
Mairead Fan

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

John
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 08:07:56 PM »

Yes sir! Now I'll pray for Lynn at the meet & greet for you and you can pray for Mairead for me. It is supposed to be very stormy tomorrow during the day so please drive safely. That goes for everyone coming here.

celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 04:41:33 PM »

Hope you guys have an absolutely incredible time tonight!!

ENJOY THE SHOW!!!  Cool

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 01:17:47 AM »

I MET HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin. The concert ended awhile ago and a very large group of folks headed for the meet and greet. I stopped and met then talked with Rachel and she said it would be Lynn and Mairead for the meet and greet. I presented her with chocolate fiddles on behalf of her forum as well as my card from my cat Mairead. I passed along to her the love, admiration, and respect from all of you in her fan forum.
         Let me say that Mairead was as warm and sweet as I could have imagined. She was all smiles and so up. She said she liked the forum, and even the Maireadium bumper stickers. Most touching and special was that she has read my writings and she said they are beautiful.  I did get her autograph in the songbook and on the booklet from her CD. What an amazing night and wonderful woman. I won't be coming down any time soon. God only knows how many more inspirations this will bring.
        Mairead, thank you from the deepest depths of my heart and soul for your kindness and warmth. Thank you also for your comments about this forum. You are loved beyond measure. You have filled my heart with joy in overflowing abundance. The Maireadium strike tonight was the richest vein yet and the Geiger counter is off the scale. The showers of pixie dust are endless upon this place. God's blessings and peace to you now and always. I love you pixie dust.

celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well first off, mazal tov on meeting our fiddle fairy!!  I'm so happy for you!!!  Grin Grin

How absolutely charming and I hope she enjoys her fiddles!  I'm very tickled that she likes the bumper stickers.   Grin Grin  And how could she not enjoy your poetry?  To be the subject of such writings she must feel honored.   Smiley

You've just had an amazing experience and you certainly deserve it!!  Congrats again!!  Grin Grin

Caitlin
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 01:25:43 AM »

Oh wow! That is great. Congrats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to: