User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:54:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98226 Posts in 5964 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Family album Devil's Bit Sessions now available through the Pledge Music Site
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: It has begun!!!!!!!!  (Read 5118 times)
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« on: February 14, 2008, 01:24:28 PM »

Opening night in Dallas was last night and I read two reviews of the show over in the CW forum. Both reviewers indicated that Mairead has even MORE energy, higher leaps, more play with the audience, and is generally even MORE active. How can it be  Huh?. I plan to find out next week in Birmingham. However, I can't help but think that those of us who admire, respect, and love her the most are feeding energy back to her from the Maireadium mines. Your prayers, well wishes, and devotion here and elsewhere (outside the realm) I hope are felt by Mairead and giving her added zip. If you don't have a ticket for a show on this tour, then find a way to get one and experience this tour first hand. From first accounts Alex is wonderful and you surely don't want to miss our newly energized precious pixie. Do you?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:24:47 PM by Moscapoet » Logged

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Fiddle_Addict
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Mens sana in corpore sano.

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:01:20 PM »

and you surely don't want to miss our newly energized precious pixie. Do you?

Certainly not, but there is just the problem of that tiny little bit of water between Europe and the USA... Sad

I would really like to play the Glass Bead Game
JimM.
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »

Certainly not, but there is just the problem of that tiny little bit of water between Europe and the USA... Sad

Are you telling us you can't swim?  Or row a boat?
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »

and you surely don't want to miss our newly energized precious pixie. Do you?

Hmmmm, I have a poem about that very thing FA. Perhaps I'll post it later. It is called "No sea too deep".  Cheesy. We'll do our best to give you reviews that make you feel like you were there.

celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 03:41:49 PM »

I'm planning to just sneak in.  I'll carry my violin so they think I'm part of the orchestra........ Cheesy

Luckily for those in my area, there were tickets left over from the PBS pledge drive, so the tickets are less than half the price I paid last year.  I've noticed looking at other venues that tickets to my local event were priced MUCH higher.  That's a shame because a lot of people missed out because of it.  Sad

As my husband said, we spent an arm and two legs on my new violin, so I won't be going to the Spring tour.  But if there's a Fall tour, I'm going no matter what!!!  Cheesy

Fiddle_Addict
Total Mairead Fanatic!

Mens sana in corpore sano.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 03:54:47 PM »

We'll do our best to give you reviews that make you feel like you were there.

To be honest, I don't read reviews... haven't been doing it since the European Tour was cancelled. Reading them just makes me envy you, which makes me feel bad because you are all huge CW fans as well and deserve to see them live.

I would really like to play the Glass Bead Game
celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »

Hopefully a European tour is in the works for the Fall.  That would be sweet!!   Cool

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »

I hope you'll get to see them this year in Europe. I know that the Netherlands, and Germany both have good followings for Celtic Woman and even a short tour of a month or less would cover that well. There is always the possibility of a new concert filming over in Ireland too at some point. Mairead will be gracing you with her gifts soon I hope. So many places to go and so little time  Roll Eyes.

Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 04:06:50 PM »

Scott
I also was reading a review of last nights show on CWF.
I so can't wait for march!!! you know what I mean!!!

Dave

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 04:16:26 PM »

Yes I do. I'm glad I don't have to wait quite as long as it would drive me buggy! Next week in Birmingham!!!!!

Capn Davey
I'm a Quater Irish and John McGlynn says thats enough
Administrator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Your Dreams Do Come True!

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 04:31:17 PM »

Scott
More Great news!! I got the tickets for If You Are Irish!
We got front row seats!!!4 seats away from Rich's crew

Dave

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 05:23:16 PM »

Oh boy is that ever sounding like a party! Front row for her will be awesome. all I've heard is that she puts on a great show and the cast of this show will make it even more special. Have a great time!

celtic_fiddler
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 04:18:41 PM »

Dallas Paul over at the CW forum reviewed the opening night concert.  This is what he said about Mairead's dress:

Mairead had this funky skirt similar to the one in Slane Castle DVD but is was very multicolored like Joseph's coat I guess.

OK, now that puts a vision in my head!!!  I've gotta know more.   Grin  So whoever's going next has to give us better details about what our pixie is wearing. 

And the reference to Joseph's coat is pretty cute.  Gets the wheels turning in my head for another graphic........... Grin

Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 04:55:41 PM »

Uh oh, the creative smoke is curling from your ears on that one eh. Well, there are a couple of people going to Austin and Houston so I'm sure we'll hear more from them. I'm in Birmingham a week from today. Funky multicolored skirt? OK a pixie flower child? I'm sure whatever it is looks wonderful. However, a potato sack and flip flops would look lovely on Mairead.  Roll Eyes

JimM.
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »

I think she was wearing that skirt when I met her in November at the M&G I went to.  It looked like the one in the dvd.  Mairead and Chloe came to the M&G room right after the end of the show and were still wearing their show clothes, and, of course, both looked GREAT!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: