User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2017, 10:40:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98147 Posts in 5950 Topics by 590 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Photoshop tutorials  (Read 17712 times)
Tamberia
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »

Okay now I will show how I got the rest of Meav's wallpaper image.

With our previous image still open, hold down Crtl + A and select the whole image. go to edit>copy merged. Open a new Image with black as the background. I used 1680 x 1050, make use to use 200 or more for resolution if you plan on using text in your image. Paste our image into the new image and resize. Do this twice until you get something like I have.

Select the back image and go to Select>modify>feather. Use 100 pixels and then go back to Select>Inverse. Then hit the delete button twice. Adjust the back image layer opacity down to 55-60%. Hold down the Crtl while clicking on the top layer and select it. Make a new layer above it and with it highlighted fill the selection with white. Go to Selection>modify>contact. Use 5 pixels radius. Then hit the delete button. You now have a border. Now just add text, layers styles to your liking, and that's it.

I will post the layer style I use in a few minutes.
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

Without music, life would be a mistake

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »

This is great Tamberia. Thanks for doing these they are a big help.

10-11-10 ~ 4,000 reasons to love Máiréad
Tamberia
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 08:13:05 PM »

layer style just follow the setting on these.

That should do it.

Okay the colors and locations for the gradient overlay are 1. #d1c091, 100% 2. #ffffff, 23% 3. ffc544, 75% 4. #a37800, 100%

Tamberia
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 08:21:58 PM »

So far I am not having any luck getting a Bamboo. The last 3 I have bid on I have been out bid. They are very popular by the looks of it.

Destiny, you may have to just buy one for 69.00 on ebay. At least the shippping is free and its still cheaper then full price. A lot of people want those, especially students.

Tamberia
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 08:44:20 PM »

So far I am not having any luck getting a Bamboo. The last 3 I have bid on I have been out bid. They are very popular by the looks of it.

Destiny, you may have to just buy one for 69.00 on ebay. At least the shippping is free and its still cheaper then full price. A lot of people want those, especially students.

Tamberia

I think that is what I am going to have to do too. I think it would be a lot easier to do these photoshop things with it.

Tamberia
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »

Okay ladies and gents welcome to Photoshop and photoshop elements class 101. This assignment will be done one step at a time. When those of you that are doing this tutorial get step one and let me know we will go to step two, and so on. So with that said go here and get this image.

http://uttermost.deviantart.com/art/France-Cloitre-de-Cadouin-II-40022363

Now open that image in photoshop or photoshop elements. Duplicate the image and close the original.

Then remove the outside of the building that you see in the windows. you should have something similar to what I have in this image.

Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 04:11:58 PM »

I'm ready for the next step.

Tamberia
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 05:13:12 PM »

We have to wait to hear from a few more Destiny and I will post the next step. I have been banned from mentioning this thread at CW forum so I am waiting for people to e-mail me.

Tamberia
Glenn A.K.A. The Rotten Rebel
Tipperary's best fiddler

She is proof, your greatest dreams, can come true.

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »

LOL!!! Grin Gee! I can't understand that!  Roll Eyes LOL!!!

R.R.

Tamberia
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »

Well let it be said that what I am doing is to benefit everyone who wishes to learn. I refuse to get into personal matters between members of forums. I did not start this thread to brag about my aristic talent if you choose those words to describe it. I was requested to do this and I am doing this for those who wish to show their artistic creations that involve some very talented women and their music. All of them. They share a beautiful thing with us with their voices and music and we as fans try to show them how much we appreciate that by creating something beautiful involving them. That should not be tarnished or disrespected by anyone holding personal feelings toward other people.

Tamberia
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »

That's correct. Thank you, Tamberia for these great lessons and beautiful creations. All of these ladies are treasures and truly gifted artists. It seems we have some gifted artists here too.  Wink

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Tamberia
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 11:46:58 PM »

Okay next step: open this cosmos image from Resurgere available here: http://resurgere.deviantart.com/art/Package-Cosmos-6-98670955. copy the section I have and paste it to our image on a new layer. Now if you haven't done it already you need to right click on the hallway layer and create a layer from the background. Then remove the black areas from the windows with the magic wand tool. Make sure you only click on the black areas. After you have your Layer move the blue star background below the hallway layer. This will be our sky.

Then go to layer>new adjustment layer>hue/sat. Make sure colorize is checked. And use the settings I have used. Hue: 203, Sat: 20, and Light: +3. Click okay. Hold down Crtl + G so it will use the previous layer for effect. Set the layer opacity to about 95%. (Some of you are having a problem with this step, some are having the background change along with the hallway. Here's a different way to get the same effect. Open the hallway image and go to Image>Adjustments>Hue Sat and use the same settings I used, then hold down Crtl + A and go to Edit>copy Merged. Then paste the hallway into a new layer over the blue star background. You should get the same effect.)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:55:49 PM by Tamberia » Logged
Glenn A.K.A. The Rotten Rebel
Tipperary's best fiddler

She is proof, your greatest dreams, can come true.

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »

Agreed. Thank you so much for doing this. I have copied the above info. down, and have began to study it in detail. I have learned a great deal from this so far. Again, thank you so muchTamberia for going to such great effort. Now it's back to more reading up for me.
                                             R.R.

Tamberia
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »

If anyone would like a word doc. of the tutorials I have one ready. Just e-mail me or PM me and I will send it along. I even corrected the mispelled words...lol. I may be an artist and a psychologist but I am also the poster child for dyslexia. I will warn you that the word doc. is 43 pages long so far.

Tamberia
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:00:11 PM by Tamberia » Logged
Moscapoet
Administrator Emeritus
Administrator
Taoiseach

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »

Great stuff here! Wow, graphics artist, poet, psychologist, and whatever else is on your plate?  Shocked Whew! Once I'm better set up with a computer of my own I'll have to try my hand at all of this.  Roll Eyes For now, caveman go back in cave and chisel more poems on stone. Ugh.

An fidléir's mínealaíne i sprite iomlán sin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to: