User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 09:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
98205 Posts in 5963 Topics by 589 Members
Latest Member: Michael L
  News
Happy 9th anniversary to the forum!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Photoshop tutorials  (Read 19366 times)
Tamberia
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 10:41:02 AM »

Now create a new image..Size about 2000 x 2000 and resolution at 300. (tip * if you want to use text on your image the resolution needs to be at least 200)

Background doesn't matter because we are going to use the paint bucket to fill the image with a blue color - 174eb2 is the color I used. Then in the layers palette make a new layer.

Then we are going to use the cloud filter.  With blue color in the foreground make sure you are on the new layer go to Filter > Render> Clounds. Then set the layer Opacity to 25%.

Right click on your first layer and dulicate the layer. Click Ctrl + T and go to Edit> Transform>Flip Vertical. Set layer opacity 40%.

Make a new Layer. Now we are going to use the cloud brushes. Pick a nice purple color - I used e183fc and paint some purple clouds on the new layer. Set layer opacity to 36%.

Now we are going to add a mask to the layer and paint on the mask. Pick the paint brush tool and pick a soft edge brush set the brush opacity to about 50%,  make sure you click on the mask on the purple cloud layer.  Also make sure black is the foreground color you will notice that as you paint on the mask some of the clouds fade. if you take too much off you can always change the foreground clolor to white and it will paint the clouds back on.

Make a new layer and just like the purple layer paint some lighter blue clouds. I used 93b1e9. Leave the layer opacity at 100%. Add a mask and just like the purple layer paint on the mask to blend the clouds. Then Duplicate this layer by right clicking on the layer and selecting Duplicate layer.

Make a new Layer and now repeat the clould layers only this time use white. Leave the opacity at 100% and add the layer mask. Then make a new layer and this time with white as your foreground use your moon brush and paint in the moon.

Duplicate the moon layer twice and them merge the three moon layers together. Then add a mask to the moon layer and fade out some of the moon.

Now create another layer and with white as your forground color and a soft edge brush paint a glow around the light area of the moon. Down this layer down below the moon layer so it is behind the moon. Go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur. Use a radius of 100. Add a mask to the layer and with a low opacity soft brush about 20% paint out some of the blur until you have a nice glow.

Then create three new layers above the moon layer. We are going to add the stars on these layers.

On each new layer add the stars, sparkles and what ever you wish to finish your image. set the layer opacity to your desired opacity. You can add more color layers if you want. And that is bacially it.

Tamberia
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 11:54:45 AM »

If you have any questions about this tutorial please post them. sorry it seems so rushed but I am in bit a hurry today I am on my way to take my mom to the hospital for her procedure. I will check back later this evening.

Tamberia
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

Without music, life would be a mistake

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »

Elaina and I personally would love to have this one: http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/cintiq-21ux.php But they are a bit pricey.

Tamberia

Shocked That is nice. I want one too.

10-11-10 ~ 4,000 reasons to love Máiréad
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »

Thanks for the nice 'how to' for the beautiful moon background.

Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 02:24:10 PM »

I found a bamboo tablet on ebay for cheap and am bidding on it. It costs 89.00 on amazon.

Tamberia
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

There are some good deals on ebay so long as you can trust the seller. I usually buy from the stores on ebay instead of the private auctions. I have bought some stuff from private sellers, depends on the reputation of the seller. Good luck with the bidding Destiny.

Tamberia
Tamberia
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 04:33:20 PM »

Destiny, how did you bid go? Did you get your bamboo?

Tamberia
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »

Destiny, how did you bid go? Did you get your bamboo?

Tamberia

No, I was outbid. But I am looking at another one.

Tamberia
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 09:16:15 PM »

I hope you get one. You will love it.

Tamberia
Tamberia
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 04:33:44 PM »

You ladies and gents want to learn how to make the image of Meav? I will post shortly the methods I used to create it.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/Tamberia/Meav-wp.jpg

Tamberia
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 04:35:14 PM »

You ladies and gents want to learn how to make the image of Meav? I will post shortly the methods I used to create it.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/Tamberia/Meav-wp.jpg

Tamberia

Grin Yes, please. Can't wait.

Tamberia
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 04:57:08 PM »

Okay first we need some images so got pick up these:

http://cw.bbkgrl.com/ANJ%20Shoot/68173.html

http://resurgere.deviantart.com/art/Package-Cosmos-5-86712119

http://mentalstock.deviantart.com/art/77-55957207

Tamberia
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Tipperary's best fiddler

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 05:33:12 PM »

So far I am not having any luck getting a Bamboo. The last 3 I have bid on I have been out bid. They are very popular by the looks of it.

Tamberia
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 06:19:01 PM »

Open up the Meav image and the window image. Using the Quick method in the tutorial posted earlier copy Meav from her image and paste her to the window image. 

Using crtl + T resize Meav to fit in the scene. (Hint* holding down the shift button while resize keeps the resize uniform)

Now turn off Meav's layer and click on the window layer, right click on it and click create layer from background. Hit okay on popup screen. With Meav's layer off and the window layer highlighted remove the white area from the windows. You can use the lasso tool, eraser tool, whatever you prefer.

Now open the cosmos image and copy the area you want in the background. Now paste it to our image and drag the layer behind the window layer.

Now go to Layer>New Layer adjustment>Hue/Sat.  Select "use previous layer to create chipping mask" Check colorize abd Use the settings I used and click okay.

Now turn Meav's Layer back on and go to layer>new layer adjustment> curves.  Make sure you select "use previous layer to create chipping mask." Use the settings as shown or close to it.

Now go back to Meav's layer and go to Layers>New layer adjustment>hue/sat. Click "use previous layer to create chipping mask." DO NOT COLORIZE this time. Just use the setttings I used as shown.

We need to make a shadow on the floor under Meav. So with the layer under Meav's highlighted make a new layer. Hold down the Ctrl button and move your cursor over the veiwing window on Meav's layer and click. You should see the marching ants around Meav. Make sure you are still on the new layer and fill the selected area with black with the bucket tool. With the shadow layer still selected hold down ctrl + T and rotate the shadow until it is lines up with the shadows on the floor. Hit enter. Go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur and blur the shadow. You can play around with the blur setting to your own taste.

Now to add some light coming in from the windows. Click on the Cosmos layer and pick a color from the background. One a new layer Use the lasso tool to create a selection like mine in the image (Hint* Holding down the shfit key while using the lasso tool will add to the selection, holding down the alt key with subtract an area with a lasso tool) fill the selection with the first color. Add a layer mask and turn off the layer.

Repeat this steps again for another new layer but choose a different color from the background.

Now use the Gauassian Blur on both layers 50-55 % is what I used. Set both layers to Screen, opacity 40%. Make both layers have a layer mask.

Nwo we want to take some of the light off of Meav's dress. Click on the layer mask and with a soft edge brush, about 20%, black as yoour foreground color, paint on the mask the areas of her dress that the light shouldn't be hitting. Don't remove too much from the edges.

Make sure you do this on both of the light layers.

Now I added to new layer above Meav's Layer and I added more of a glow with colors selected from the background. use a softbrush, low opacity, and paint a line around Meav's head where the light should be hitting. Then take an eraser set to low opacity like 10-15% and erase out some of the glow leave just enough around the edges to leave a glow. Set the layers to screen and adjust the layer opacity to a desire look. I used 60-70%.

Now for the Dream effect. With the top layer in the layer Palette highlighted. Hold down Ctrl + A. Go to Edit>Copy Merged. Hold down Crtl + V and Paste the image into a new layer. Right click on the new layer and duplicate it. On the top layer go to Image>Adjustments>desaturate. Then go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur and set the blur to a smaller setting. (Hint* on dark color images with shadows use a small setting, on brighter colors like Lisa Image you can use a bigger setting.) Click okay. Set the layer to Multiply with opacity at 58%. Create a layer mask and with a softbrush. paint onhte mask the area of Meav's face, neck and chest. I wan the dress to be more darker but not her face.

I will be back with more in a few.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:28:11 PM by Tamberia » Logged
celtic_fiddler
Keeper of the Purple Violin
Super Global Moderator
Tipperary's best fiddler

Classical until I'm Baroque.

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 06:24:54 PM »

I'm still waiting on laptop repairs (and I've hardly sat still for about a week) so I haven't tried these tutorials yet, but keep them coming!  They're fantastic Tamberia and thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to: